Show me boost gauge installed for b5's

vwsnaps

Vendor
TDI
2002 Golf TDI
Picked up my B5 wagon.
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=393891

I want to install a boost gauge - dont like A pillar installed - not really a fan of the steering column version but not sure where else to put it..

Any link to place that sells a kit ( i have a callaway boost gauge that no one is buying so i will probably just use it to keep it old school )

Let me know

blujett2.0

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Chev Silverado 6.6L Duramax
I think the cleanest look is the one where you take out the double din radio, put a single din in and a triple gauge pod above it. I wish they had a triple gauge pod for above the dash like the new beetle available so I could keep the DD radio. :S

vwztips

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat GLS Wagon TDI 5 spd manual w/BSM delete 2011 Tiguan TDI/DSG 2005 Audi A4 Avant 6MQ TDI 2011 BMW X5 35d
I have the 3 gauge set up like blue jet mentioned. Nice clean look and have the blue matching back lights. will post up a pic next week

BobZ

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat tdi, 15 Passat TDI SE auto, 06 Sierra 6.6 DMax
I use Torque Pro - cell phone is always in car anyway and I can display more than just boost. Blue tooth obd2 connector and app were under $20. One benefit is it is transferable from car to car and in my truck, it has alerted me when a code popped on - learned my light on my dash had burnt out so I may never had known...

2004PassatTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Passat Sedan, 2016 E250 Sport
I mounted my on the windshield defroster vent. Was able to pull the wires through the vent system. It is a very clean install that can be removed without any evidence that it existed. The location does not reduce driver's visibility.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
Here's mine. New South Performance gauge and column mount pod.

The gauge matches the cluster perfectly.

vwztips

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat GLS Wagon TDI 5 spd manual w/BSM delete 2011 Tiguan TDI/DSG 2005 Audi A4 Avant 6MQ TDI 2011 BMW X5 35d
Here is mine. Sorry for the poor picture quality. Works great. Looks great. Most people think it is stock

Last edited:

Biodezl

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat, 2005, Teal; Golf, 1999, Metalic Green, Auto
I use Torque Pro - cell phone is always in car anyway and I can display more than just boost. Blue tooth obd2 connector and app were under $20. One benefit is it is transferable from car to car and in my truck, it has alerted me when a code popped on - learned my light on my dash had burnt out so I may never had known...
Which ODB2 bluetooth connector did you get, with the software, for less than $20?

Biodezl

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat, 2005, Teal; Golf, 1999, Metalic Green, Auto
Thanks for the reply. I guess I'm SOL with my iPhone. There's another one for a few bucks more but it uses wifi. The Torqued app doesn't appear to work with wifi.

TDI_

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 Jetta TDI_
Thanks for the reply. I guess I'm SOL with my iPhone. There's another one for a few bucks more but it uses wifi. The Torqued app doesn't appear to work with wifi.
Torque does work with wifi :) need a wifi OBD2 adapter and you are set. I use it for my car all the time to monitor my boost spikes. IAT temps, fault codes etc,etc. Let me know if you need help setting it up!

spartan

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat Wagon
Here is mine. I got an extra vent from the salvage yard and gutted it. Super tight fit, but works great and doesn't impede the gauge cluster and still provides air flow.

Last edited:

50harleyrider

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 B5.5 TDI/geared BSM, BV43A turbo,stage 2 TDTUNING. 2005 5sp manual passat tdi stage 2 tdtuning,BSM delete. 2015 Passat TDI 6sp manual.
That pillar pod is clean and highly visible when looking at the road. I better get it for my BV43A install (just arrived from Frans). Where did you tee in on the boost line?

Last edited:

tikal

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Passat Wagon (chainless + 5 MT + GDE tune)
I got this one:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005NLQAHS?ie=UTF8&force-full-site=1&ref_=aw_bottom_links
Maybe a little bit more expensive but I wanted one that would be more reliable for the money. Works great with my Android phone. There are some many gauges is a little bit overwhelming! I like a lot the one for fuel consumed per hour.
I got this - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004KL0I9I/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 $11 delivered via prime membership. I would prefer the lower profile one though... The app was $4.99 I think? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.prowl.torque&hl=en

blujett2.0

Veteran Member
TDI
Does anyone know if the Torque Pro app displays our EGTs??? I know our cars have an OEM sensor but I can't find any info if Torque will read it...thanks!

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
I have torque, and an elm 327 BT adapter. I have not been able to get it to read EGT - looked through all of the PIDS and no luck. :(

Mechnurse

Veteran Member
TDI
97/2K/05/15 Passat 06 Jetta TDI
The B5.5 already has a stock EGT sensor that the ECU can see. Just need to know what field it's located in

blujett2.0

Veteran Member
TDI
Thanks for the replies guys! I know my VCDS will show it...if only they had an app to run it rather than needing a whole PC to operate it. :(