Shaving my Head for Carolyn 5yo Cancer Patient - 16 days and counting

Mitch

TDI
98 New Beetle / 03 Beetle DSG
Ok, I get it, this is not a TDI event. But I have been a member here forever and know this is a great cause. It is a little TDI related, as Katie who inspired me to take this path was lost in my 98 TDI on Christmas day, 1999 and is still listed on this site as the first Lost but not forgotten.

I would appreciate any support, Thanks in advance.

Last Friday Carolyn’s family got great news, she is now NED (No evidence of Disease), It has been a hard year for her family, but this is great news.

For those of you new to my email thread, I am trying to raise funds to fight Childhood Cancer and in doing so, I am specifically supporting Carolyn (5 years old). On June 22nd I will travel to Pensacola (450 miles away) to have my head shaved. As of today I have raised $930.
1. If you can forward this to others in your organization, Carolyn & I would greatly appreciate it. Any amount would be great & anyone who wants to show up for the event would be great too. The event will be held before a Pensacola Blue Wahoos baseball game on June 22nd. You can follow her on FaceBook too, search for “Praying for Carolyn”.
To donate follow the link, or if you don’t want to enter your information there, you can PayPal me at nb_mitch@yahoo.com and I will make the donation for you in your name or in honor of anyone of your choosing.
http://www.stbaldricks.org/participants/mypage/723695/2014

About Carolyn: Pictures below are from the day her mom was told she had cancer to her graduation last week.
Carolyn H.
· Age 5
· Pensacola, FL US
· Ewing sarcoma
· In treatment
Carolyn was first diagnosed May 2013 and finished her Chemo treatments last month. Last Thursday her family came to St Petersburg for a number of tests to determine if the treatments worked. Friday they were told she is NED (No evidence of Disease) J. Since she finished treatments she has been feeling great. She graduated from Preschool with her friends last week, even though she was only allowed to attend a few days during the year because of her illness.

About Me: As a Marine, Proposing to my wife at a Alien Costume party in Roswell, NM during New Beetle Car show, Mayor Clayton, normal hair & Extra Hairy
I have been volunteering at Give Kids the World (www.gktw.org) since 2002 and as a volunteer I come in contact with many Wish Children every week, but I have never had a close connection to any of them. Last year as part of the Associate Talent Search I submitted this video of me doing a Tuck-In with a Wish child that later passed away. So making a real connection to a Wish child and family is a little scary. I will meet Carolyn and her family for the first time the weekend of June 22.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lr26NhPBtFU

I have never shaved my head (cut it really close during boot camp), but I started growing my beard when I left the Marine Corps in 1983. My daughter Katie was 9 months old at the time and never remembered me without a beard. Since then I have only shaved off my beard once, around 1992 when Katie was about 10 years old. She took one look at me and said she wasn’t going to kiss me until I grew my beard back. That was the last time I shaved it off, she passed away on Christmas 1999 and my beard is one of the few things that I which reminds me of Katie. www.r2katie.com

I have decided to shave my whole head including my beard for Carolyn, I expect it will be a bit of an emotional experience.
Please help me with my cause, I do appreciate any and all the support.

Last edited: