Seeking functioning injection pump - 2001 Golf automatic - RECEIVED

joshetude

TDI
2001 VW Golf
This is likely a longshot, but does anyone in or near the Bay Area have a spare, healthy IP they'd like to gift or sell inexpensively? I now have confirmation that my IP (just replaced in 2019) has suffered death by bad biofuel. (Please don't say "I told you so;" I did fine with biofuel for many years; something seems to have gone mighty wrong with my source in the past year.)

Thanks,
Josh

Last edited:

CleverUserName

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 OZ Cruze CTD & 2010 JSW 6MT & 2017 GMC Canyon CCLB ATX 2.8 Duramax
This is likely a longshot, but does anyone in or near the Bay Area have a spare, healthy IP they'd like to gift or sell inexpensively? I now have confirmation that my IP (just replaced in 2019) has suffered death by bad biofuel. (Please don't say "I told you so;" I did fine with biofuel for many years; something seems to have gone mighty wrong with Biofuel Oasis' B99 in the past year, apparently.)

Thanks,
Josh
B99 has been illegal to buy in CA for many years. What you got was likely a B20/RD80 blend.

I’ve gotten Renewable Diesel that appeared to harden or polymerize so it could’ve been bad RD or BD.

Have you checked Car-part.com ?

CleverUserName

Veteran Member
TDI
It's B99. I'll look there, thanks.
No it’s not B99. Like I already said, it’s illegal to sell B99 in CA and has been for years as it increases targeted emissions.

Read: https://biofueloasis.com/faq/

With that said, try EBay too. I haven’t seen any used pulled injection pumps listed on Craigslist in at least 6 months. They’ve completely dried up.

CleverUserName

Veteran Member
TDI
I don't know anything about this seller, but it might be worth a shot:

Injection Pumps for sale Sacramento
He sells pumps and TDI parts EBay too but he calls them “for parts or not working”. His prices are ridiculous. These are cleaned junkyard pulls and expensive for what they are. $500 for a junkyard pump cleaned with simple green is nuts.

joshetude

TDI
2001 VW Golf
Thanks for both the lead and the warning. BTW, I've now been offered 2 pumps, but they were both for manual transmission. My 2001 Golf is automatic. If anyone is interested in swapping a manual for an automatic, please let me know.

B100

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf
No it’s not B99. Like I already said, it’s illegal to sell B99 in CA and has been for years as it increases targeted emissions.

Read: https://biofueloasis.com/faq/

With that said, try EBay too. I haven’t seen any used pulled injection pumps listed on Craigslist in at least 6 months. They’ve completely dried up.
No… there are issues with sale of B100 in California. But Biofuel Oasis was not selling B100.

joshetude

TDI
2001 VW Golf
One more attempt: The manual IP I was given turned out not to work, either. At this point, I'd be thrilled to receive a working pump for a reasonable price in either 11m or 10mm. Please let me know if you have any leads. Thanks.