seatbelt chime?

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
Yes, why yes, you can!!!

But I won't tell you how. You'll have to read the FAQ, which is stickied at the top of this forum, to find out.

Happy reading!

-Jason

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
I'm not mean! I just want our new member to learn to access resources by himself
Then he can find info quicker... he won't have to loaf around waiting for someone to reply to his FAQ

JoeHafner

Registered Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Jetta 2014
Yes, it can be deleted.. Use vag-com enter Adress 17 for intrument cluster, then recode. I am not too sure which numbers are the ones that you remove and add zeros, but write the original values down so that you can go back to them if needed. You will be able to see the changes you make. IE: The clock will change from military time to civilian 12 hour. Just play around with the numbers and you will figure it out. That is the way I did it on my 05 Jetta as well as an 05 Passat wagon. When I did the Jetta a pop up box appeared in VaG-COM telling me what numbers applied to what feature. The 05 Passat did not. Each 2 numbers changes a different feature of the cluster. Good luck, I hope this helps. Joe@dieseltuning.ca

LightningTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 United Grey Passat TDI Wagon with Grey Leather; '05 Golf, 5-speed automatic TDI; '04 Beetle 5M TDI; '02 Beetle auto TDI
Thank you Joe. If I knew stuff like this as well as you I would also have answered. Does not hurt to be decent.

JoeHafner

Registered Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Jetta 2014
True enough Tomo366, I always wear my seatbelt I just hate to be nagged either by a chime or the wife.

Dick_Larimore

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 GL Passat & '05 GLS Passat & '05 Beetle TDI
Note the link to Ross-Tech that explains the coding changes required to remove the seat belt chime. I did the mod to remove the chime, and I am a person that always wears a seat belt and demands that all passengers do the same. I just don't want to be nagged when the car is in the drive way.

MKIV seat belt chime