Seat swap

Turbozx10r

TDI
Mk4
I was looking at switching my seats out for leather that are electric and heated. How much is involved in the wiring. Any help would be appreciated.

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
It depends on the years involved. There were some minor connector changes in the early 2000’s. However I swapped in heated, power leather from a Passat to my golf, 03-05 and the connections were all the same. My golf already had heated seats and the connectors just plugged right in. The air bag connections were the same so I was fortunate there. I did have to supply power to the seat motors and I did that by tapping into the cigarette lighter in the console.

I’ve not hooked up the memory part of the seat because I’m usually the only one who drives the vehicle. There is a swap write up either here on on VWVortex, I did some searching but failed to find it. With a Passat swap you would need to swap the metal seat frames, they won’t fit a golf/Jetta. Most MK4 front seats are interchangeable between a golf/Jetta the rear seats are slightly different between the two models.

hskrdu

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Golf GLS 4D 5M, 2015 GSW SE 6M
A search will reveal more threads...

hskrdu

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Golf GLS 4D 5M, 2015 GSW SE 6M
The early and late MkIV have different;y shaped connections, but those are realtively easy to cut and splice. The seats themselves pop in and out in 20 minutes. The tricky part, if there is one, is running the wiring and careful install of switches. The linked threads and a search will reveal what you need.