Seat replacement

c4markee

TDI
2011 TDI Jetta
Hey I was wondering
I have a 2011 jetta and want to swap the front seats since it has about 100k and the drivers seat leatherette started pealing the other day in the side bolster.
I know the passat seats fit in the Golf. Will they bolt up to the Jetta? Also anyone have any experience with the wiring? I would have to add wiring for the power seats, not concerned on the memory for now.
Thoughts? I can get both leather passat seats for 200 bucks

tghunter

TDI
2015 Jetta SE
Can't say on the seat fitment, but you will have to make sure you have the right airbag module and have it coded properly via VCDS for the airbag in the seat.

c4markee

TDI
2011 TDI Jetta
Can't say on the seat fitment, but you will have to make sure you have the right airbag module and have it coded properly via VCDS for the airbag in the seat.
The air bag is what concerns me. I have my vag com I suppose I can check it out just wondering if anyone switched before or not and can give me some insight.

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
You could just replace the lower cover. I did that on mine. It was about $300 which came with the heater.

The trouble with a used seat is that it will probably have some wear in the same place.

c4markee

TDI
2011 TDI Jetta
I think I want real leather for the front, and find the passat seats a little more comfortable.

You could just replace the lower cover. I did that on mine. It was about $300 which came with the heater.

The trouble with a used seat is that it will probably have some wear in the same place.