Satellite radio with lifetime subscription

JimmyFrack

TDI
A5 2010 Jetta TDI & 2012 Sportwagen
We have 2 tdi and my wife's car has the lifetime sirius subscription on it. We're thinking of replacing her 2010 Jetta sedan with a 2013 or 2014 Tiguan SE does anyone happen to know if the satellite receiver can be exchanged between the 2 vehicles without jumping through all kinds of hoops to make it work. I would hate to give up the subscription to a car that is just being crushed.

MK6_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 B7 Passat TDI SEL
Just ask for the manager when you call. Xm is really good about making you happy before they let you off the phone.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

Mark_J

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 TDI Passat SEL Premium, 2017 Fiat Spider, 2017 Ford F350 6.7 Diesel crew cab PU, 2016 Harley Trike, 2016 Tesla Model X P90D (I know went to the dark side)
I recently switched our lifetime subscription from our 1998 Jetta TDI to our 2014 Passat with a $75.00 fee. They told me I can switch it up to 7 times.

tomc585

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta TDI Sportwagen
Depends on when you bought the subscription. I bought mine in 2009 and (according to the contract) can only be transferred once for a fee unless the radio is inoperative can not be repaired. Im in the same boat, if my car is bought back Im out of my one time allowable transfer (for a fee). You may find a customer service person to help and be lenient.

cmarcho

TDI
2015 Corvette Z51 7spd / 2016 ATS-V (was '13 passat sel)
My sister won a free lifetime subscription many years ago, then sold the car it was on. She told me I could have it if I could get it transferred. So about a year ago, I called with her login info and got it transferred to my 2008 Corvette. They did not charge me a thing to move it. Got it merged with my existing account and all was good.

I sold the 2008 Corvette two weeks ago and bought a new C7 Corvette. I literally just called them 30 minutes ago, moved the lifetime sub to the new Corvette and they did want to charge me $75 this time, but I acted very upset and surprised that they want to charge me just to move the radio over. Supervisor waived the fee and I now have lifetime on my new car.

It can be moved, worst case you pay $75, but act shocked and in disbelief that you have to pay to do something so simple on their part and it will usually get waived.

GDM

TDIClub Friend
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI Cup Edition, 6M, Laser Blue
Caution that this can depend on when you bought the lifetime subscription, and possibly who you reach on the phone at XM/Sirius.

Their own policy changed a couple times, based on when you bought the lifetime service. Some can be transferred an unlimited number of times, some only a couple, some supposedly cannot be transferred at all. YMMV, I guess.

gmcjetpilot

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW TDI DSG Matalic Grey
Just tell them your old radio broke, was stolen or damaged if you fall into the last catigory... and give them a new SN number.... They will charge... $75.

https://listenercare.siriusxm.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4555/~/is-my-lifetime-subscription-transferable%3F

Is my Lifetime subscription transferable?

If you purchased your Lifetime subscription

• Before June 20, 2005: Yes, it is transferable from one radio to another any number of times.*
  • From June 20, 2005 until September 7, 2007: Yes, your Lifetime subscription is transferable a maximum of three times.*
  • On or after September 8, 2007: Lifetime subscriptions associated with home, portable or dock & play radios can be transferred a maximum of three times.* Lifetime subscriptions first associated with or transferred to radios installed in vehicles by automakers or dealers are NOT transferable unless the radio is stolen, accidentally damaged or defective.
Once a lifetime subscription associated with a home, portable, or dock & play radio is transferred to a radio installed by an automaker or dealer, the subscription becomes non-transferable. Otherwise, Lifetime subscriptions associated with a home, portable or dock & play radio can be transferred a maximum of three times, for a fee.*

Please call 1-866-635-2349 to make the transfer. Read more about Lifetime Plans in our Customer Agreement. Please note that Lifetime subscriptions are no longer being offered to new subscribers.

*There is a $75 fee for each permitted transfer. Each of the fees which you may be charged will be subject to applicable taxes.

Was this answer helpful?

ottomatic

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golfwagen SE 6MT
I am going to Best Buy & take the radio out of my JSW which has a lifetime & put in an El-Cheapo Or just say the radio was stolen

Last edited: