Rumbling

Tuzlo

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Platinum Grey Jetta
This morning I was getting onto the Highway. As I was doing so I heard a really deap throated rumbling coming from what seemed under the car... Sounded almost like when the engine is between 1000 and 1500 rpm's and you give it a lot of fuel, but a lot louder. I stopped the car, turned it off then back on. Its gone now Not sure if it was the car or if it was due to the amount of snow reverberating the sound of the engine back up. Any ideas?

Fyrman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta, 2001, Black
Snow buildup will change the noise from the engine.

Almost sounds more like you were lugging the engine. They're torquey but they don't like to be lugged too low. Just a thought.

Tuzlo

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Platinum Grey Jetta
Yeah, it sounded like that, but the AUto tranny, even though it is a tiptronic, still down gears if too low in speed and upgears if youre about to blow it up. But thats exactly what it sounded like, but 10x louder

Fyrman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta, 2001, Black
Tuzlo said:
Yeah, it sounded like that, but the AUto tranny, even though it is a tiptronic, still down gears if too low in speed and upgears if youre about to blow it up. But thats exactly what it sounded like, but 10x louder
Ah... yeah, right. Automatic. :eek:

Slave2school

Top Post Dawg
TDI
99.5 used to at least...
I second the snow build up, I thought I killed my last car at one point, the snow was all packed around the exhaust system so tightly it was vibrating the whole car upon heavy acceleration :)

Slave2school

Top Post Dawg
TDI
99.5 used to at least...
I sold my TDI just over a month ago, and am running around in a Crown Vic till my BMW is in a driveable state :) No big rush on that though since it seems like I am going away for a course come Jan for some 4-5 months.

Fyrman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta, 2001, Black
Slave2school said:
I sold my TDI just over a month ago, and am running around in a Crown Vic till my BMW is in a driveable state :) No big rush on that though since it seems like I am going away for a course come Jan for some 4-5 months.
So, how about an update on the Beemer. Getting any work done on it at all or is it completely stalled?

I started a winter project too...

I've already torn it apart , glass beaded the metal and rebuilt the carb, Next Spring, it'll be a rocket!! :D

Shame they never built a diesel! :cool:

Slave2school

Top Post Dawg
TDI
99.5 used to at least...
Hahaha, the BMW will be ready a bit later than I wanted but it is best not to rush these things, and as always we ran into a few misc complications. Brian has been wicked in helping source parts :)

Tuzlo

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Platinum Grey Jetta
Ive seen diesel engines at Princess Auto

Fyrman said:
So, how about an update on the Beemer. Getting any work done on it at all or is it completely stalled?

I started a winter project too...

I've already torn it apart , glass beaded the metal and rebuilt the carb, Next Spring, it'll be a rocket!! :D

Shame they never built a diesel! :cool: