Rhino ramps at CT

KiTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta 2002 dark blue - Sold
Hi all

I saw this week CT flyer and they have the Rhino ramps on sale. With the $20 of $40 coupon, its gonna be $2x.xx Just wondering anyone had this and any comments on this?? I am thinking get sth similar to raise the front to install my skid plate.

Thanks

wakeboarder_shawn

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta TDI Highline
ya I have them, they are pretty good. They are suppose to be the best ramps for lower cars, so they work good for our cars. However I have a GLI lip and I have to ramp up some wood to get on to them

2004Nick

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta TDI Wagon
Rhino Ramps

Save your money. I bought them and would take them back if I could. 1: They are too flimsy. 2. they don't raise the car enough to really have good access. 3: they
skid forwards when you try to drive onto them. and 4:They
are too flimsy. Much better are the homebulit ones that I
saw Neil @ Evolution Imports using. Higher, more secure,
and cheaper. Spend your money on plywood and 2 X 6
materials. Glue and Screw. Be Happy. Just my 2 Cents
Nick in BC And please be careful! Your car was designed to be safe with you IN it, not UNDER it!

wakeboarder_shawn

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta TDI Highline
2004Nick said:
Save your money. I bought them and would take them back if I could. 1: They are too flimsy. 2. they don't raise the car enough to really have good access. 3: they
skid forwards when you try to drive onto them. and 4:They
are too flimsy. Much better are the homebulit ones that I
saw Neil @ Evolution Imports using. Higher, more secure,
and cheaper. Spend your money on plywood and 2 X 6
materials. Glue and Screw. Be Happy. Just my 2 Cents
Nick in BC And please be careful! Your car was designed to be safe with you IN it, not UNDER it!
since the cheapest ones are rated at 8,000 lbs, I don't think you have to worry about them being too flimsy.
They also have a rubber "non-skid base" which works a lot better than other ramps I have seen
for 20-some dollars you can't go wrong

Kayakkermit

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta TDI, 2002, Silver
I also have them and feel 100% secure with them while being under either my Jetta or my Grand Caravan.

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
CmdrData said:
You only get $20 off $40 if you have a CT Option MasterCard, else only $10 off but is still good.
Where do you get the coupon for CTC?

REDNECKDZL

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta, 2015 Jetta, 1984 Wabbit TD, 1986 RX7 waiting on AHU swap
I used my buddies rhino ramps, for a bit, then that 20$ off coupon came out and I got my own,

I love them, much easier then trying to jack the car up all the time, just wished they were a little taller, but I''ll survive.