Restitution payment blocked

tghunter

TDI
2015 Jetta SE
Just thought I would post what I'm in the middle of right now....Had phase 1 completed on my 2015 Jetta Friday Feb 10. Got my email from Chase around 11:30pm this past Monday 2/13. Registered with chase and got all the way to the last step of putting my phone number in for verification before transferring my payment. After entering the correct phone number 3 times my payment was "temporarily blocked" from VW. So I call and speak with someone at VW and after a long hold he says I took your information and transferred to my supervisor. I've called back every morning and get the same response. They said it's a glitch between Chase and VW and they have no idea when it will be straightened out. They also said I was not the only one.

ddorrer

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW Tdi, 2012 JSW Tdi DSG (Sold w/80k miles), 2010 Sportwagen TDI 6spd (Traded)
I'm schedule for the fix today on my MY15 GSW. I will let you know if I too have any payment problems. Are you in Morgantown? I'm in Clarksburg.

tghunter

TDI
2015 Jetta SE
I took mine to Clarksburg to get the service performed. They said I was the first one they had done. Zero problems with them. Took about an hour and a half start to finish. Still haven't heard anything else from VW on the other hand.

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver
Just thought I would post what I'm in the middle of right now....Had phase 1 completed on my 2015 Jetta Friday Feb 10. Got my email from Chase around 11:30pm this past Monday 2/13. Registered with chase and got all the way to the last step of putting my phone number in for verification before transferring my payment. After entering the correct phone number 3 times my payment was "temporarily blocked" from VW. So I call and speak with someone at VW and after a long hold he says I took your information and transferred to my supervisor. I've called back every morning and get the same response. They said it's a glitch between Chase and VW and they have no idea when it will be straightened out. They also said I was not the only one.
GET a CHECK
GET a CHECK
GET a CHECK
^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^

Or maybe this is the first phase of BANKRUPTCY

chadbag

Veteran Member
TDI
2x 2013 JSW (1 manual BOUGHT BACK 12/20/16, 1 DSG BOUGHT BACK 1/14/17), Audi A3 e-tron gas-plugin-hybrid, gas Volvo V60
GET a CHECK
GET a CHECK
GET a CHECK
^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^
Or maybe this is the first phase of BANKRUPTCY
No, it is not the first phase of bankruptcy. It is beauracracy. The bigger the organization, the more screwed up they are.

ddorrer

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW Tdi, 2012 JSW Tdi DSG (Sold w/80k miles), 2010 Sportwagen TDI 6spd (Traded)
tghunter: LOL, then I was #2 for them yesterday. Took about 2 hours. They still are quite sure of the paperwork process. I haven't received any email yet from Chase. How long did it take to get the email?

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
GET a CHECK
And what good do you think that would do when someone is getting the fix done? The checks are mailed in that case, so either way you leave without your money. If you chose EFT, you trust (and hope) that it will come through as it should. If you chose a check, you trust (and hope) that it will come timely in the mail.

linux_author

Veteran Member
TDI
Phase II Emissions modified 2015 Golf TDI S SportWagen
MAKE SURE YOU ENTER THE PHONE NUMBER THAT YOU USED ON THE VW CLAIMS PORTAL!!!!

if you use any other phone number at the last step in the Chase ETF transfer, you will NOT be able to initiate the transfer!

i really banged my head against this one when i went to do the transfer... took a 1500-meter swim to think about it, then came back, used the correct phone number (our landline, not cell) and "Shazaam!" the transfer went through...

willie
on the 'losing it slowly' Gulf of Mexico

Evildad

TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen

if you use any other phone number at the last step in the Chase ETF transfer, you will NOT be able to initiate the transfer!
If you've ever bought anything online and given a phone number other than the one that your credit card is listed with, you should already know the result. The purchase never goes through because the credit card company doesn't validate the card.

Jimbo70

Veteran Member
TDI
None currently

i really banged my head against this one when i went to do the transfer... took a 1500-meter swim to think about it, then came back, used the correct phone number (our landline, not cell) and "Shazaam!" the transfer went through...

willie
on the 'losing it slowly' Gulf of Mexico
Which is why, for me at least, taking the check was the better option. Everyone says the EFT is quicker and easier, but it seems to be neither. It helps that we weren't over on our mileage, but we walked out of the dealer with a check, which we deposited immediately in our checking account, and the funds were available the next day. An EFT will never be that quick when the first step is establishing the EFT connection.

ddorrer

Veteran Member
TDI
Update:

I received the email from Chase within 24 hours of the fix. Completed the steps in 5 minutes. They are supposed to drop my payment in 2 business days. So I need to wait til Tuesday earliest.

tghunter

TDI
2015 Jetta SE
Well after a very nice...If you will...conversation with VW again Friday the block on my payment was lifted and the transfer went through with Chase around 4:00pm. I'm hoping monday or Tuesday the balance will post.
I did enter the correct phone number and still got locked out. The rep at VW said I could've entered it too fast and that they have had several complaints and I wasn't the only one.

sanjaun2

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta TDI 2012 Passat TDI
i had to put a space between the area code then a - between the next 3 and 4 sets of numbers xxx xxx-xxxx just like I did in the application. Luckily i figured it out by the 3rd attempt.

Carphuntin_god

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf 2-door 6-speed
just got blocked too. put my number as 1234567890. didn't work. won't take (123)456-7890 as it's written in the portal.
guessing it's using the spaces and dash like shown above, but not the parens
and after time for the callback number. dang it.

cmarcho

TDI
2015 Corvette Z51 7spd / 2016 ATS-V (was '13 passat sel)
just got blocked too. put my number as 1234567890. didn't work. won't take (123)456-7890 as it's written in the portal.
guessing it's using the spaces and dash like shown above, but not the parens
and after time for the callback number. dang it.
I just did mine and it was fine. It shows (817) 555-1234 in the portal, but I entered it 8175551234 on the Chase page and it had no issues.

PacCoastFwy923

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI 6-speed manual; 2006 mkV Jetta TDI / 5-speed / Pkg 2
Dang. I'm not a coder, but I used to deal with something somewhat similar with Excel macros (actually Quattro Pro, but whatever). Point being, didn't VW see this coming? A quick Google search sees that this is comes up as a common question on coding boards. Gee, I wonder why? And who exactly did VW hire to write this?

StackOverflow.com said:
string phoneNumber = "(123) 456-7890";
phoneNumber = Regex.Replace(phoneNumber, @"[^\d]", "");

// throws if phoneNumber is null or cannot be parsed
long number = Int64.Parse(phoneNumber, NumberStyles.Integer, CultureInfo.InvariantCulture);

// same as Int64.Parse, but returns 0 if phoneNumber is null
number = Convert.ToInt64(phoneNumber);

// does not throw, but returns true on success
if (Int64.TryParse(phoneNumber, NumberStyles.Integer,
CultureInfo.InvariantCulture, out number))
{
// parse was successful
}

Carphuntin_god

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf 2-door 6-speed
talked to VW support. they said i used the correct number. Have to wait now.. .apparently the unblocks happen automatically within the next three days.

St.Hubbins

Veteran Member
TDI
'10 Golf, DSG / '11 A3, DSG (both went buyback) - '15 GSW SE
same clusterf*** here - entered my correct phone number slowly and deliberately on first try, and they've blocked payment anyway. now they're playing supervisor hot-potato like the incompetent clowns they are.
not all that worried it won't get resolved, but didn't need the wife stressing over this nonsense... just knew something had to happen after the buyback itself was smooth as could be.

Carphuntin_god

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf 2-door 6-speed
after talking with them... i'd guess the unblocks process in the same time frame as when the original eft notices came... so i'm guessing after like 11:12 EST. we'll see. not real worried.

cheetah45

TDI
2012 Passat SE 6-manual
That definitely sucks as my eft experience was actually the quite painless. Turned the car in on Saturday March 4, received the email on Monday March 6, and funds were in the account on Tuesday March 7. We all hope your deal gets straightened out sooner than later.

Rexy86

TDI
Just to let everybody know I have been dealing with this since 2/11 and now 3/12 my payment expires...not sure what is going to happen. I have called almost every day and told them this hasn't been my first time calling I even called chase to see if they had any insight...all that vw does is write an email to their supervise to escalate the problem and nothing gets done...I was even told a couple times that there is nothing they can do so I just hang up and call again haha. I've been on the phone for almost an hour sometime talking to supervisors and what ever to get it resolved...they say wait 24-48 hours or 3-5 days or 5-7 days *** seriously I've waited and waited and called...checking the website everyday only to see that damn blue box saying your payment has been temporarily blocked.
I guess I'm stupid for being calm this whole month...but really how hard is it to unblock it...I just don't understand
I will let you know what happens next

Carphuntin_god

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf 2-door 6-speed
Well after a very nice...If you will...conversation with VW again Friday the block on my payment was lifted and the transfer went through with Chase around 4:00pm. I'm hoping monday or Tuesday the balance will post.
I did enter the correct phone number and still got locked out. The rep at VW said I could've entered it too fast and that they have had several complaints and I wasn't the only one.
when they "resolved" this for you, was the effect immediate on the Chase side? Meaning... from when you called, til when you looked at Chase... how soon did the block disappear?

Rexy86

TDI
So now that my payment has been expired... I called and they told me to wait another 5-7 business days for an email. Is this for real? Seems like a bad dream

jpfreeiv

TDI
2015 Passat
So now that my payment has been expired... I called and they told me to wait another 5-7 business days for an email. Is this for real? Seems like a bad dream
Same thing is happening to me. Turned over car 2.21 received payment email late 2.22 got locked out. Evidently I got locked out because I used my Smartphone and not my laptop to enter my phone #. told 1-3 days told 1-3 days told 3-5 days - then told it could be 10-20 days from when I first called about being locked out.

Oh but VW credit got their money on 3/6.

I'm not calling that vw claims number again. gonna try the blood sucking lawyers now.