Remote unlock only unlocks drivers door

grahams1

TDI
Jetta Wagon
Hi

After a recent flat battery my key will only unlock the driver door when I double click it the unlock button. It worked fine before and I can still unlock all the doors with the key physically in the driver door lock.

I'm guessing I have to reprogram it. I've tried reseting per the owners manual.

advice gladly received.

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
Bentleys says that for a completely discharged battery, the battery needs to be slow (less than 6 Amps) charged for 24 hours and then retested. A quick charge or a jump will cause the battery to take on a surface charge and all though the battery seems O.K. it will start to sulfate.
After the batery is charged it says to cycle the key on then off, and then check for fault codes (Vag-Com). If no codes are found, cycle all electrical item and check for proper operation. (Door locks, windows, lights etc.)
I'd try running the battery completly dead and then charging it like Bentleys says................................worth a shot......................

grahams1

TDI
Jetta Wagon
the battery is fine, I've been running fine for over a week now. The only issue is remote unlocking of all the doors does not work anymore.

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
Low battery voltage can cause all sorts of problem even if the car starts O.K.

Probly still need to check for faults with a Vag-com and/or do some type of adaption with Vag-Com.

Best bet, if still under warranty, have the dealer fix it....................

Oh yeah, almost forgot, there is probably someone in your area with a Vag-Com willing to help..........Take a look in the OBD Forum.

T.D.

Mach1

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
05.5 Jetta 5 spd, 06 Jetta DE DSG, 04 F250 6L, 2000 F250 7.3L
Did you lose your programing in the dash access? the basic programming that is done in the MIF

I know there is a parameter in the basic program to set for one door or all..You might try that..

jetta&golf

TDI
2002 Jetta & Golf
Try this: open and close the locks from the passanger door side controls --then try your key remote to open all the doors with the usual double click!

giewont

TDI
Jetta A5, 2006 Reflex Silver
If the inside passenger door lock control doesn't do it, try the Driver's side. I believe I read somewhere on the forum about having to do that after a battery replacement of recoded keyfob.

rix337

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta TDI
Mach1 said:
Did you lose your programing in the dash access? the basic programming that is done in the MIF

I know there is a parameter in the basic program to set for one door or all..You might try that..
Definitely look at this suggestionon on your MFD. This would be a very easy fix and seems the most logical to me as well.

Tim Birney

Veteran Member
TDI
05.5 TDI
grahams1 said:
Hi

After a recent flat battery my key will only unlock the driver door when I double click it the unlock button. It worked fine before and I can still unlock all the doors with the key physically in the driver door lock.

I'm guessing I have to reprogram it. I've tried reseting per the owners manual.

advice gladly received.
A MKIV, or a MKV.

All responses so far are from Unkown Models,As is your model.

DieselCruz

TDI
2002 VW Golf TDI - Silver/Auto
giewont said:
If the inside passenger door lock control doesn't do it, try the Driver's side. I believe I read somewhere on the forum about having to do that after a battery replacement of recoded keyfob.
I had the same problem, for the same reason today. The passenger side lock controls reset it and now the keyfob works fine. Thanks! :) 2002 (MKIV) Golf

(now I'm just trying to figure out how to reset the MIL/CEL light that came on as well...)

rix337

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta TDI
Yep, even in his profile, it just says he drives a TDI wagon but not the year. Since it does not say JSW, I would assume he has an MKIV, but you never know...

MrScottdi

TDI
2003 Golf
jetta&golf said:
Try this: open and close the locks from the passanger door side controls --then try your key remote to open all the doors with the usual double click!
Thanks for the tip. I have essentially the same problem as the OP, battery ran down dead, and my keyless stopped unlocking all doors, even when I double-clicked.

All I had to do was hit the unlock button on the passenger door, and now the keyless works just like it should!

Well, just like factory design, anyway. I'm still looking into some of the window mods, and unlock all doors with one click, and making the hatch unlock like a door.

gblake618

TDI
Golf 4 (2004)
Remote unlock thanks

This one helped me out also. Happened before and didn't realize what I'd done to fix it....

Great Forum !!

satt

TDI
2002 Jetta TDI, 220K, 1001.4 miles on one tank
Just when I’m ready to start modifying the car, an electrical gremlin pops up and starts to kill my dreams. Then I google the problem and tdiclub comes up and following the simple instructions; problem solved. I love this site. I don’t know how much money this site has saved me, since I don’t have to take it to the dealer anymore. Keep up the good work. Now I should reward myself with an RC2.

JettaJack

TDI
04 & 06 Jettas, 15 Sportwagen
Is this in the FAQ somewhere?

Found this solution after several searches (spent trying to figure out the right word combination), in the MKV thread, but the problem was in my MKIV.

Worked beautifully, so I'm glad I'm not model specific!:)

Shouldn't this be in a battery reset/programming glitch/door lock/key fob FAQ?