Release date of new Jetta SportWagen TDI?

QSHIPWAGON

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 TDI SPORTWAGEN
Tax Credit...

... for those of you using H&R Block Tax Cut...

is now available with the 2/11/09 Tax Cut Update download...

Trbogolf

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 Sportwagen
QSHIPWAGON said:

Have you used Turbo tax in the past? If so how would you compare them? Need to think about getting my software so I can have this done by April:D

QSHIPWAGON

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 TDI SPORTWAGEN
Trbogolf said:
Have you used Turbo tax in the past? If so how would you compare them? Need to think about getting my software so I can have this done by April:D
Nope, can't compare, bought Tax Cut on the recommendation of a CPA a fews years ago and have been VERY happy with it year after year... that is all...

79RabbitDSL

TDI
09 JSW
QSHIPWAGON said:

hmm, have you successfully updated and entered the credit with no problems? I updated this morning and now tax cut says I need another update for the credit which will be available mar 4th.

I have used both turbo and tax cut, I like tax cut better, things seem to be arranged more logically and are easier to access.

TDIGirl

Veteran Member
TDI
--
darrenf said:
This figures. I think my lifetime subscription was started last week at a cost of $399. Such is my life. :)

-d
Bummer! I was getting ready to sign on myself, but now I think I'll take the safe route and go month-to-month ...

fcatwo

TDI
2009 JSW DSG
I was just reading about this in the on-line New York Times and it sounds like there is little chance they will go under. They do have financial problems but another company is trying to take them over and current management is bobbing and weaving. It did say they may have to look at things like Howard Stern's $100M per year contract to cut costs but survival in some form seems likely. I would think failing to honor paid subscriptions of any kind would rank right up there with multiple "multiple-births" in public popularity.

nykayaker

TDI
2009 Sportwagen
fcatwo said:
I was just reading about this in the on-line New York Times and it sounds like there is little chance they will go under. They do have financial problems but another company is trying to take them over
That's my read on SiriusXM as well, I think they'll be around for a while yet. But as to what the service will be like...I'm gonna stick with my iPod for road trips!

heuiinj

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 JSW TDI DSG
jimlockey said:
Sirius is just trying to get some democrate money so they can have a big party in LV.
300 million for electric golf carts in the stimulus so why not another 100 million for Sirius. Maybe even some bonus Sirius radios in the carts eh?

dhal

Looks like the interest deduction on auto loan was removed!! I think they need to go back to allowing any interest to be deductable. when they removed those deductions, that's when people started borrowing from their homes. Look at the mess that has created. Who has that helped, Banks who get to charge more fees associated with home lines of credit.

darrenf

Veteran Member
TDI
09 JSW TDI Black/Black, Pano, Avignons
Or, take away the home interest deduction (the only personal interest deduction that survived Reagan's axe) and return it in the form of an across-the-board income tax break. That would stop encouraging folks to keep their house fully leveraged and exposed to swings in home value. It would also help renters.

Sorry to take the thread so far off topic -- I now return you to your regularly scheduled program...

-darren

Arbitrary

TDI
09 Jetta
Don't buy the iPod Doc in a VW.

TeDIous said:
3. I have seen some negative reviews of the Ipod interface but nonetheless I am still thinking about getting one and installing it myself. Does anyone know whether you can buy one and just "plug and play"? Or do you need other hardware? Lastly, if I install the Ipod interface do I lose the AUX-in somehow?
you want the AUX-in, believe me. The iPod interface (which I have in my 09 Jetta) is the lamest possible implementation of an iPod interface. There is no worse implementation that I have ever seen.
1) You can only play playlists that are already on your iPod
2) If you have more than 6 playlists you can only see the first 5. The 6th is automatically everything on your iPod
3) The playlist plays in alphabetical order by song title - *** were they thinking? So if you want to listen to a Boston album followed by The Cult you will have to listen to both albums shuffled by song title name.
4) It cannot see your on-the-go playlist

What this means in the real world is that you have no control over what you are going to listen to. Even if you want to pull over and safely decide that you want to listen to Rumours by Fleetwood Mac you can't. you would have had to have know ahead of time and created a playlist. And if you wanted to listen to it in album order you'd have to have renamed the songs in your playlist.

If you want to listen to what you want keep the aux. I am now faced with paying $150.00 for the aux input and throwing away the ipod dock.

Also, you have this stereo that has full graphic display of satellite radio but shows NOTHING in the way of information on the song that's playing from the iPod.

QSHIPWAGON

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 TDI SPORTWAGEN
Arbitrary said:
The iPod interface (which I have in my 09 Jetta) is the lamest possible implementation of an iPod interface. There is no worse implementation that I have ever seen.
Interesting. I don't have an IPOD but my wife does and she uses it on her commute and doesn't have any issues. Further, I don't think my wife has ever read an instruction or owner's manual in her lifetime and she seems to have figured it out.

JCTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 JSW, Platinum Gray/Art Gray
the adaptor is just going through the 6-CD mechanism. Its replacing each CD bay with a playlist in the controller logic, so that's why its limited to 6 playlists. Its just a cheap hack and the aux. seems a much better route.
People I know who use it just create 5 playlists in their iTunes called CD1, CD2, etc. and load them with whatever they want to listen to.
Its not a matter of not being able to "figure it out". Its just a horribly implemented hack.

Arbitrary

TDI
09 Jetta
QSHIPWAGON said:
Interesting. I don't have an IPOD but my wife does and she uses it on her commute and doesn't have any issues. Further, I don't think my wife has ever read an instruction or owner's manual in her lifetime and she seems to have figured it out.
I wonder what else your wife has been quietly tolerating. :)

My whole point is that the aux input, while seemingly less of a technological feat, is the more useful interface. You can listen to whatever you want when you want, even listen to Pandora on your iPhone.

Last edited:

QSHIPWAGON

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 TDI SPORTWAGEN
Arbitrary said:
I wonder what else your wife has been quietly tolerating. :)

My whole point is that the aux input, while seemingly less of a technological feat, is the more useful interface. You can listen to whatever you want when you want, even listen to Pandora on your iPhone.
You're probably right on all counts :) but I don't put much seat time in the car and don't own anything with an MP3 on it, so I guess I'm a bit flip. I played my wife's IPOD music on the home system (Hafler, B&W, etc.) once and it sounded kind of like music, but not much :p

dr61

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 JSW TDI on order
Well, the current JSW IS a Golf station wagon (called Golf Variant) in most of the world. This is just the Mk VI Golf Variant. I bet it will still called Jetta Sportwagen in the US.

dhal

Want a nice leather "tool bag" for your 2009 TDI visit VW owners perks. under 12.00 LOL No tool chest to bang around the interior.

masterflex164

Veteran Member
TDI
Anyone know what the heck is going on in Mexico?!?! Called the dealer, and my salesguy said that VWHUB is still FUBAR, and the distribution system is completely off. He also told me that the cars are at least 3 months off the VWHUB's ETA.

To make matters worse, there were rumors on Vortex about the mexico plant, which closed down a couple weeks.

Any truth to this?

If my car is going to come by around April, I sure as hell don't want an 09, knowing that the 2010s are only a couple weeks away...

darrenf

Veteran Member
TDI
09 JSW TDI Black/Black, Pano, Avignons
I read in another thread that the Mexico plant was shut for a while to allow time to clear some dealer inventory. Most automakers are doing the same to one degree or another. This should make JSWs pretty scarce until production is resumed.

-darren

dhal

Does anyone know where to buy the stick on stone protector used on JSW? I would like to cover the rear panels with already made to fit and painted ones. Thanks

2009 JSW reflex silver

masterflex164

Veteran Member
TDI
darrenf said:
I read in another thread that the Mexico plant was shut for a while to allow time to clear some dealer inventory. Most automakers are doing the same to one degree or another. This should make JSWs pretty scarce until production is resumed.

-darren
I guess production is back in full scale. I got someone on Vortex to run a search for any JSW TDIs w/ NAVI, and there were over 10 coming in the Northeast or they were in stock. Nothing in the color, I want (Laser Blue), they were all White, Blue Graphite, and Plat. Grey, so I'm getting him to run the search with just Laser Blues.

Lets see how this plays out...

mbraden

TDI
10 Jetta TDI Sportwagen
I got a call from a local SF Bay VW dealer a few days ago, whom I had been on a list for a JSW, although I did not order one -- Just told them to call me if they got a manual in. The guy told me that they were stopping production of the '09, that the '10 model would be an entirely different body style, and that they would produce 40% TDI's for '10, given the demand. Not sure if he meant 40% of Sport Wagens, or 40% of Jetta's that would be TDI's. Not sure if any of this is even true, as I haven't read anything about it on this or the Vortex site.

masterflex164

Veteran Member
TDI
mbraden said:
I got a call from a local SF Bay VW dealer a few days ago, whom I had been on a list for a JSW, although I did not order one -- Just told them to call me if they got a manual in. The guy told me that they were stopping production of the '09, that the '10 model would be an entirely different body style, and that they would produce 40% TDI's for '10, given the demand. Not sure if he meant 40% of Sport Wagens, or 40% of Jetta's that would be TDI's. Not sure if any of this is even true, as I haven't read anything about it on this or the Vortex site.
The JSW is supposed to get a facelift mid this yr as MY10, as of right now, the MKV JSW will be sold in the US for MY09 and MY10. VW hasn't released pics of the MKVI Golf Estate yet, so it's set in stone, that the MKV JSW will be around for a couple more yrs...

MAW

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta Sportwagen
Was at the Chicago auto show today and the JSW they had on display had chrome roof rails, and the rear seat center armrest had the cup holders in the top and no storage, like others have posted. Also had a media plug in in the front center armrest, and a input on the front of the armrest. I wish I took my camera.

macbarr

TDI
None (yet...)
2010 JSW photo

I found this somewhere (sorry can't recall). Perhaps this is what the new 2010 JSW/ Golf variant will look like. The grill is similar to the new "thunder bunny" grill that I saw on a dealer lot last night... I am anti-chrome, so I like the loss of chrome to the grill, but I am disappointed about the roof rails and side mirrors!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3625/3283281266_1b8e3af9e5.jpg