Received my APOLOGY letter today from VW x2

applejacks

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta TDI
I got a letter a few weeks ago asking me if I wanted to buy more miles on my lease, which I thought was rather funny.

I have yet to get an apology letter or anything from any lawyers.

1TDI4Me

TDI
'01 Jetta (sold, but missed) '12 Jetta TDI 6sp Malone and Rawtech, '13 Golf DSG (SOLD!)
Friends and complete strangers keep asking me if I will have to take my car in for a recall. I reply that to do so I would have to reinstall the exhaust system from the turbo back, and then reflash the ECU. This would net about 30% loss of HP and TQ , and 20% worse mpg's.

I think I will pass on the "improvement".

bennybmn

Veteran Member
TDI
(Formerly) '11 Jetta 6 speed, Alltrack 6MT
Does anyone know if there's a way to know if your state legally requires you to have recalls done?

bubbagumpshrimp

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta TDI
Friends and complete strangers keep asking me if I will have to take my car in for a recall. I reply that to do so I would have to reinstall the exhaust system from the turbo back, and then reflash the ECU. This would net about 30% loss of HP and TQ , and 20% worse mpg's.

I think I will pass on the "improvement".
Yup. I spent my weekend in the liberal stronghold of Maryland. I had a couple people actually ask me why I was still driving it. My response was "Would you like to give me $20k or so to get a replacement/equivalent vehicle?":rolleyes: D-bags...

applejacks

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta TDI
I got my letter yesterday. I gotta tell you....for some reason it sorta ticked me off. Even though I've been up on the 'dieselgate' since day 1 and have never seemed to have an issue with it.

MK6_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 B7 Passat TDI SEL
Oklahoma does not have inspection requirements anymore....I doubt we will "have" to do it.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk