Rear wiper spray nozzle

jesus_man

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta (gone), 2002 Passat (gone), 2009 JSW (VW bought), 2010 JSW
Last winter with the weather being real cold, I broke off my cap cover on the rear wiper arm. Little did I know, that I also broke off the spray nozzle. I believe this to be part # 3B9955985A

Can anyone tell me the procedure to replace this part? It appears that the "root" of the old one could still be in the hole??

Thanks!

borninabus

Veteran Member
TDI
-2013 JSW 6MT- -2006 Jetta DSG-
it literally just pulls out.
try threading a screw into the broken stem to remove it.

jesus_man

Veteran Member
TDI
Thanks for confirming my initial thought. I will try that today and get a replacement on order.

Thunder Chicken

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf Wagon
I did the same thing a few years ago. I also bought something similar but maybe I buggered the hole it goes in trying to get true old one out….. dealer said I need a whole new wiper motor as the nozzle/tube is all one part.
I hope you have better luck than me!

jesus_man

Veteran Member
TDI
I did have some success! Not usually my MO. I wish I would have found an even smaller screw, but this one did the trick!

Reinout

TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen
Dealer won't do it but the tube is replaceable. You can get brass tube the right size from craft/model suppliers. I have fixed a couple that corroded away such that the nozzle turned with the wiper blade.
I know this is old, but do you have a write-up or link to this?

P2B

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Jetta, 2003 Jetta, 2003 Jetta Wagon
Unfortunately I didn't think to take pictures, but IIRC the fix was fairly obvious and straightforward after taking the motor apart.

Reinout

TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen
Unfortunately I didn't think to take pictures, but IIRC the fix was fairly obvious and straightforward after taking the motor apart.
Okay, I can do that. I might start by getting my hands on a nozzle first and seeing if it'll just work that way.

For now until I can do that this is kinda fun for tailgaters