RallyVW Pikes Peak daily status

MWVDUB

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS TDI
Ya the Suzuki ran the 12.5 miles course in 10:01.?? breaking the 13th year old record held by Rod Millen. The announcer kept mentioning that the car was worth over a million dollars so I lost interest quickly as I cant see any car being worth that much scratch.

The Freightliner was awesome and I got to talk to Mike for a minute on the way down. I tried to talk to John on the return trip but was to far up the "hill" since he was the fourth or fifth car back down and they were moving pretty fast, hench the picture of half the car.

This was my first trip to Pikes Peak and I am planning to make many return trips. Congratulations to the whole RallyVW team. You impressed me and quite a few people sitting around us.

MWVDUB

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS TDI
Right after the Rallye Golf finished, the finish line announcer interviewed Jon. JOn said that they used 100% soybean biodiesel from Iowa I beleive.

I also have about 10 more pictues that I will post up tomorrow.

jsrmonster

Veteran Member - TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
15 Golf SW DSG, RC3 piped, 99.5 Jetta Rocket PD150 6spd 4motion, 2000 ASV110 RC6 "Silverbullet" 5spd Race Car, 2003.5 Cummins QCLB 4x4 "Blue Monster" Jeep CRD juiced, MB Sprinter van juiced up

jsrmonster

Veteran Member - TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
15 Golf SW DSG, RC3 piped, 99.5 Jetta Rocket PD150 6spd 4motion, 2000 ASV110 RC6 "Silverbullet" 5spd Race Car, 2003.5 Cummins QCLB 4x4 "Blue Monster" Jeep CRD juiced, MB Sprinter van juiced up
Thats B100 at 7000' and 18psi boost - It was really gasping for air!
Jeff

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
darkscout said:
I thought you guys were tuning for no smoke :)
Nope, that was the special tune for the food vendors. Next year they put a scent in the Bio to boost the food sales. Ummm...corndogs, fried chicken, pizza......

GuyGuy

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat Comfortline DSG
too bad they couldn't run higher boost, probably need a Gynormous turbo to get 22 psi at 14000 feet without having it eat itself up!!!

HUGE congrats guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bikeprof

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat B4 Variant white, 1996 Town & Country 3.8 LXI
Very nice photo of Jon probably going ALL OUT.

What we need is a VAG-COM print out of the event, all the up and down's of that boost gauge, etc...:eek: !

BoosTDIt

Veteran Member
TDI
The Last NA 2dr 5sp
Yea We're home,
Getting things organized and yes there will be a massive picture thread and new DVD coming out soon..

Stay tuned

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
This is great -- the little Golf TDI challenging and conquering the mountain.

BoosTDIt

Veteran Member
TDI
The Last NA 2dr 5sp
TornadoRed said:
Why didn't you ask Red Bull for some sponsorship money? They have plenty for Dakar and Formula One.
Hahha , we may just try that for kicks, as soon as they get their record books straight

BleachedBora

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus
Looking forward to seeing the DVD--congrats guys!
-BB

TdiRacing

Vendor
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI Cup
Will be few weeks before I get it edited and released. Is worth the wait. Especially when you see Jon pass a Cobra V8 Kit car going up hill in the dirt. Unbelievable really.

Chief Lee Visceral

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2001, midnight blue
That is about the most amazing racing story I have ever read! Congratulations everyone and thanks for the inspiration!

FL2AK-tdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'01 Jetta GLS Sedan
TdiRacing said:
Will be few weeks before I get it edited and released. Is worth the wait. Especially when you see Jon pass a Cobra V8 Kit car going up hill in the dirt. Unbelievable really.
That flippin' rocks!

BoosTDIt

Veteran Member
TDI
The Last NA 2dr 5sp
Oliver couldn't resist could you..:)
spilling the beans on that cobra kit car..well now that the cat is out of the bag..

It's funny how history repeats it self , Jon had to pass people when the last record fell too..so imagine what 2-3 extra seconds out of that alone could do next year.

BTW Car looks sexy don't it guys :)

woofie2

Veteran Member
TDI
Former TDI owner
BoosTDIt said:
Oliver couldn't resist could you..:)
spilling the beans on that cobra kit car..well now that the cat is out of the bag..

It's funny how history repeats it self , Jon had to pass people when the last record fell too..so imagine what 2-3 extra seconds out of that alone could do next year.

BTW Car looks sexy don't it guys :)
I am still waiting for the DVD.... :D

Gary Miyakawa

Admin Emeritus
TDI
1998 NB TDI
Hey guys ! (Jon and the whole crew). Congrats! I've been away but very happy to see that you all are still pushing the hill limits!..

I'll be on that list for the DVD when it's ready !

Cheers,

Gary M

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
Gary Miyakawa said:
Hey guys ! (Jon and the whole crew). Congrats! I've been away but very happy to see that you all are still pushing the hill limits!..
I didn't know moderators could just take months'-long leaves of absense?