Quick appraisal please

syntheticreality

TDI
2010 Jetta Cup Edition
I know that I will get answers like "it depends" and "whatever its worth to you," but I am just looking to see if the deal we are after here is reasonable.

My girlfriend's father is considering a 2005 Pasat TDI Wagon.

1. I believe it is the GLS, as it has the homelink system insalled. This is my first question, so please correct me if I am wrong here.

2. The car has 90k miles, is pretty much mint in condition and is coming from a local VW dealer where it was purchased in '05 and then traded in a week or so back. It is an automatic, heated seats, sun roof. I don't know when the timing belt was done and I don't know is the balance shaft is chainless. We will find that out. As it stands, however, they are asking $12,500. Assuming we can get it for $11,500 is it worth it (or at least reasonable)?

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
I know that I will get answers like "it depends" and "whatever its worth to you," but I am just looking to see if the deal we are after here is reasonable.

My girlfriend's father is considering a 2005 Pasat TDI Wagon.

1. I believe it is the GLS, as it has the homelink system insalled. This is my first question, so please correct me if I am wrong here.

2. The car has 90k miles, is pretty much mint in condition and is coming from a local VW dealer where it was purchased in '05 and then traded in a week or so back. It is an automatic, heated seats, sun roof. I don't know when the timing belt was done and I don't know is the balance shaft is chainless. We will find that out. As it stands, however, they are asking $12,500. Assuming we can get it for $11,500 is it worth it (or at least reasonable)?
If it needs nothing more than the standard $3000.00 worth of work, and maybe $500 in new motor mounts, you are at $16,000. One is on here for $8000.00 with 134K miles needing same (probably).

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=303741

thundershorts

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 passat tdi sel premium 2015 golf s tdi gls tdi b5.5, 2002 eurovan,Peugeot 505 td,Citroen cx25 prestige
why not cut a deal with the dealer to install bsm and motor mounts, and warranty for say 14k?