Quality, durable a/c compressor clutch for mk6 cars

Porch

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 jetta sportwagen tdi 6spd
I just bought a refurbished(I know) ac compressor a week ago, clutch bearing blew out in a week. I had already bought a clutch from same company and hadn't returned it yet when I bought the compressor, so installed that, and all is good for now. But the clutch I just installed is the same as came on the compressor, and is clearly just used. Didn't even come with new hardware. So I'm back on the road, but with zero confidence in this new clutch-

It's the kind that looks triangular, with the flimsy flaps on it, the same kind on the factory sanden compressor, you know, the kind that breaks easy.

The compressor I bought today but didn't install from 1-800-radiator, since only my clutch was destroyed, had a much nicer looking clutch on it. The brand was "rad air" but I can't find them online. Anyone here have a line on a non-flimsy ac compressor clutch?

Shoveltrev

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 new beetle deceased, 2003 jetta . 2002 jetta , 2012 sportwagon
ts not a clutch its just a dampened drive plate . the selinoid on the back of the compressor is what controls the operation by regulating the freon flow . that being said i buy mine from any reputable supplier that carries oem compressors. they are more pricey for sure but less issues

Porch

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 jetta sportwagen tdi 6spd
The pulley, pulley bearing, and clutch is what I'm after. And my buddy who's a former vw mechanic, who diagnosed this and helped fix it, calls it a clutch, so it's a clutch. Also the clutch/pulley that I bought is called a clutch, so it's that.