Power enhancement 105bkd 1.9jetta

Mikieladhh

TDI
Hi I have a 1.9 105bkd jetta remapped to 145.l with a 130 turbo... any tips and ideas to get car up to 200bhp please and thanks

bikeprof

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat B4 Variant white, 1996 Town & Country 3.8 LXI
Kinda LOL...

I would consider the GT1856 or go bigger with the GT2052 or 2056 which will give your Diesel about 240-265 at 2.8+ bars...

But then if you already have a good running turbo 🙂, then WITHOUT replacing the turbo here are some ideas:
1. Better breather; pipes, intake, porting head, etc...
2. Bigger exhaust ~2.5" without a muffler or BIGGER muffler from delivery vehicle/truck to ease outflow of exhaust.
The exhaust sound WON'T be any much louder, just more whistle like whistling thru your teeth type and a soft easy deep sound, (Diesels balance out sound waves FYI)that's all...
3. Bigger injectors(actually NOZZLES is what is really changed only/usually), maybe Bozzio PP520 or equivalent brand/similar size minimum.
There are newer options now in the marketplace for nozzles, investigate, YOU WILL be amazed 👍
4. MAPPING...
NOT to tell you where to go(GPS), that is easy, a wife can do that for you... BUT ECU mapping to a higher level like 3 minimum, 4 or 5+ and higher depending your desires and $$$.
The torque will come on earlier and at less RPM, stay constant/even longer for more usable curve specially during traffic time.
5. By then though... you will have to start looking at internals(rods, etc...) BEWARE, there is a line where HP/TQ will start breaking internals !
6. Much overseen addition is a larger intercooler/longer unit.
Remember to REMEMBER you will increase the air pipes to 2.5 or close so the in/out tubes of the intercooler(air to air) should be similar,
SAAB, Peugeot, etc... have similar items that you could acquire at a breaking yard for almost only manual labor and a couple hours of your time.

BIGGER fuel pump, ?... NOT really needed unless you decide HP over 220-260 and going to the track often.
Here in the USA, we have a member called frank06, he does beautiful jobs in/on the engine heads for the valves; porting, replacing/fixin' or REBUILDING, etc...
Going this way by porting will bring you back to point # 1 above

Hope these ideas help...
I DON'T know it all but these are just a couple of pointers, there's a lot more but then $ gets steep 🤑.

K.I.S.S. it all the time(acronym).

bikeprof

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat B4 Variant white, 1996 Town & Country 3.8 LXI
After a while "we" will find more toys to install and make this baby purrrr better...
So that's the LOL.

K.I.S.S really is important here for a good daily or normal usage vehicle.
Keeping it simple eases broken parts later 🙂

DARKstuff(oops, darkside) there in England makes a lot of goodies for your car, try their WEB...

Last edited: