Philly Spring Fling - 5/10/08?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leo819

Veteran Member
TDI
Thomas C2 School Bus
After much success of our Oktoberfest GTG. I am planning another for the Spring. After looking all the shows scheduled, it seems 05/10/08 is the best. This will be held at the same location as the fall GTG. I am awaiting an answer when the Date of Impexfest 2008 is, then I will make it offical.

ecodean

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 golf, 85 jetta(sold), 03 jetta(sold)
Sounds good to me. I had a blast at the Octoberfest GTG:D Let me know if you need any help.

goTDIcandy

Veteran Member
TDI
white 05 Golf
philly spring fling

Hi Leo! How're Mom, Dad, & Baby?
Ditto from what Dean said!
Uh, I'll bring the rabbit food!;) !
Thanks!
Kristina

savd4one

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Passat Wagon - evil gasser :)
whitetdi05 said:
Hi Leo! How're Mom, Dad, & Baby?
Ditto from what Dean said!
Uh, I'll bring the rabbit food!;) !
Thanks!
Kristina
bunny food...we expected nothing less :D

my grand am recently died and i got an 02 passat wagon, not a tdi but at least i've "graduated" into vw world :eek: i'm thinking of getting new springs/shocks and installing them at the gtg...or recruiting a few people to do it for me (since i'll be about 6 mos preggy) :p

oEo

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Golf TDi PD ::Indigo Blue::
hummm, interesting... I just might come over... :cool:

What's the deal with ImpexFest?

jmasciulli

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 VW Golf TDI S DSG, 2004 VW Golf GLS TDI (sold 2014)
kromicacid said:
I will be there. I finally have enough cash to get fogs, anyone want to help me put them in?
Sure, I'm up for any type of maintenance/mod work. I assume you mean at the tentative GTG in May, right?

kromicacid

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL - Fixed
jmasciulli said:
Sure, I'm up for any type of maintenance/mod work. I assume you mean at the tentative GTG in May, right?
Thanks and you betcha - its a little bit cold out right now to take the front end apart, and the garage is a little bit cluttered...

I will actually bring the ketchup this time - unlike last time when i forgot it...

osesu96

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GLS TDI - Platinum Gray
tomo366 said:
OK, I Emailed John and ask him about Impex and it will be held on May 3 2008........
Posting will be made soon
Awesome, then this sounds like a go.... I already have it on my calendar... :D

savd4one

Veteran Member
TDI
tomo366 said:
OK, I Emailed John and ask him about Impex and it will be held on May 3 2008........
Posting will be made soon
ok, then it sounds like we're a go for 5/10/08 :D

kromicacid - ketchup
whitetdi05 - bunny food
savd4one - miscellaenous supplies:forks, knives, plates, cups, bbq, etc.
osesu96 - soda/water, tent + a few chairs
to the guy that brought the brownies last time...if you're coming, your job is to bring them again :D
herc269 - Dogs and buns

Last edited:

herc269

TDI
1998 Jetta TDI
My apologies for sounding uninformed, but I am.
Where would the soonest GTG be held and what is Impex and where would that be held?
I only ask because I was just at the last RC tuning day and a bunch of TDIclub members were there and I had a blast so I definitel don't want to miss out on a GTG.

savd4one

Veteran Member
TDI
herc269 said:
My apologies for sounding uninformed, but I am.
Where would the soonest GTG be held and what is Impex and where would that be held?
I only ask because I was just at the last RC tuning day and a bunch of TDIclub members were there and I had a blast so I definitel don't want to miss out on a GTG.
Impex is held near balitmore md - like tomo said there will most likely be a posting about it, so stay tuned. and i believe he said it would be may 3rd

our gtg is the following weekend, in oaks pa on may 10th. more info about ours will be posted as it gets closer to the date. basically, tell us what food/goodies you'll be bringing and if you want to do any wrenching...minor wrenching. no TB changes or anything toooooo detailed.

herc269

TDI
1998 Jetta TDI
Thanks for the info. I did catch the date for Impex, I guess I was wondering what type of GTG it was and what happens there.

Count me in for the GTG on 5/10/08 I'll bring some Dogs and buns.

jmasciulli

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 VW Golf TDI S DSG, 2004 VW Golf GLS TDI (sold 2014)
I'm not sure what I'm bringing in the way of food or beverages. But, I will be bringing tools, car ramps, and my VW A4 service manual.

ecodean

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 golf, 85 jetta(sold), 03 jetta(sold)
I also don't know what food items I'll be bringing, but will also be bringing my VAG-Com, Motive bleeder, brake caliper compressor, and a whole lot of assorted tools. I can't wait:D

midntdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SE 6SP
IDK if I will be able to come (it depends on when I decide to get my manual swap done by M_I_N_I_O_N if my car is not in a bunch of little pieces I will come and can bring whatever

Birdman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta 2001 Died by Truck one snowy day. Jetta 2003
Impex fest is normally the biggest GTG on the east coast (Next to the Annual TDI fest) held in May every year. This year the normal person that got it togeather fro hte last 5-6 years will not be doing it from what I have heard so it will take someone else in the area to help make things happen. For newbies there are normally 70-100 cars there and a dent removal company with great prices along with a new guy last year that does paint touch up that we can get. I am to far away to set it up maybe Tomo and a few from Baltimore will chip in this year. impex also has a lift that can be used. Hopefully Tomo will get to John if not I will call him.

Last edited by a moderator:

FloydTG

TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
NICE. been visiting tdiclub for bout a year now and have been looking for a chance to finally meet some of you. I'll be there with rootbeer floats.
Tim

Leo819

Veteran Member
TDI
Thomas C2 School Bus
FYI... this GTG is not intended to be a IMPEX replacement. On that note, I think it would be advisible to discuss ImpexFest in another thread/area. This was mainly to schedule a PA GTG in the Spring. So it doesn't infer with Impex and other events in the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.