Performance Chip Revamp - Cheap soft tune?

Compnird

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
This "chip" keep popping up in my searches. At the price of $59.99 I cannot imagine it would be epic but I cannot find ANY reviews outside of their own site.

I have e-mailed them to see if this is compatible with the TDI and will update if I hear back.

Has anyone actually tried this? Linke below:

https://performancechiprevamp.com/Volkswagen/Volkswagen-Jetta-Performance-Chip

I am on the prowl for a software tune (chip) that will help increase the MPG on my 2006 Jetta TDI but I don't want to spend $500 and I am not after performance, just fuel savings.

WildChild80

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI 2000 Jetta TDI 2000 New Beetle TDI ALL 5 speeds
You gotta pay to play... either now or later

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

ItAintRodKnock

Veteran Member
TDI
01GolfTDi
How long do you intend to keep the car?
How many miles do you travel per year?
Its pretty easy to calculate how soon the "tried and true" "trusted and backed" chip will be paid off by the increased fuel economy.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Nero Morg

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 A6 TDI, 2001 Jetta TDI, 2014 Passat TDI
A chip and a tune are not the same thing. A plug in tuner simply fools the ECM into changing its fueling/tueo requests. It's only a temporary solution, but eventually you'll run into issues with it wearing ou lt components. See it all the time on Cummins RVs.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
NOT ANOTHER ONE OF THESE THREADS>
Compnird, please read up on tunes.

long story short, pay up for $300 for a tune from malone or a performance tuner like dark side, Kerma, and so on. you only need a tune if you want a bit more pep or do any serious power mode like fuel injection upgrades or turbo and so forth.

please dont tell us you also have a cold air intake as well, those are BAD>

what makes you think 2 wires is going to do a DARN THING. lol please buy one and cut it open for us!
HECK ill sell you my evry mod for $49.99 HAHA thats all this is! too bad it ain't going to do jack for your engine! literally a $0.40 part

Last edited:

dlai

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 Passat, Stonehenge Gray, 2002 Black Golf 5M
The post is the only one by Compnird and he hasn't logged on since Oct 19. Doubt he's going to read up on tunes...