Performance chip for the new PD

black_and_chrome

Veteran Member
TDI
Black Jetta 2005
According to the web site I am a "newbee". This is my first posting so I hope I do not do anything wrong. I have been looking for a performance chip for my 2005 black Jetta TDI GLS and to my suprise I have been having a hard time. I am being told that for 2004 and up, all the PD's, can not be chiped? Has anyone had it installed? If so, can you point me in the right direction?

Davin

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf GLS 5spd blk/blk
It doesn't compare at all, since AFAIK Upsolute is not chipping BEW-engined PDs. Rocketchip is the only chip option right now for north american PDs.

If I'm mistaken, I'm sure someone will pipe up and correct me...

SUNRG

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None currently. Previously owned 04 Golf TDI & 05 Passat GLS Wagon TDI
152HP & 275 foot lbs of torque!!! WOW!!!
what's funny is that just about a year ago 90HP rotary owners were bashing PDs saying with just a chip they would blow away a PD100.

this is just the first PD chip [an outstanding first effort by Jeff!] - more are definitely on the way...

GoFaster

Moderator at Large
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Any performance modification can be grounds for denying a warranty claim.

If you mod it ... "You are your own warranty"

Having said that, it's not visible and won't show up on a scanner, although it's quite likely that someone who knew specifically what they were looking for could find out if they had to. Readily apparent by test-drive ...

Can't live with the extra risk, however small? Then you'll have to wait ...

Phoenix42

Veteran Member
TDI
'08 Mazda3 Hatch
If your anything in your powertrain, eg engine or clutch, fails and the dealer finds you have a chip then don't be suprised to be out of pocket.
But they should still cover the failure of a rear window for example.

MDIESEL

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Golf GLS PD-TDI
I've had the rocketchip stage2 installed on my '04 pd-tdi golf for almost three months now. I couldn't beleive how much more power it made with just a chip! And a fairly inexpensive chip at that! The rocketchip gets my highest recommendation it is a quality product from a quality guy.
BTW since the chip has been installed, the car hasn't thrown a cel or mil or done anything out of the ordinary, except surprise the hell out of a couple of local winged honduh's.

jettafock

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GLS TDI auto, platinum gray, ESP
I've had my Jetta chipped since Aug. Starting out at stage 1 then 2 and now 2+. It is a lot of fun to drive, a lot more peppy with the chip. The only thing that has happened to me was I over boosted on time while really stepping on it. But that can be fixed by installing a boostvalve. Mine is an auto and I drive the hell out of it and I am getting just under 38mpg since I have been chipped. If you have the money and are willing to take a little risk get the Rocketchip. You wont be disapointed.
Dan

Bob_Fout

Oil Wanker
TDI
2003 Jetta - Alaska Green (sold) / 2015 GTI 2.0T
I've had my Jetta chipped since Aug. Starting out at stage 1 then 2 and now 2+. It is a lot of fun to drive, a lot more peppy with the chip. The only thing that has happened to me was I over boosted on time while really stepping on it. But that can be fixed by installing a boostvalve. Mine is an auto and I drive the hell out of it and I am getting just under 38mpg since I have been chipped. If you have the money and are willing to take a little risk get the Rocketchip. You wont be disapointed.
Dan
Do you notice if you [the car] smokes when you really step on it since you chipped it?

jettafock

Veteran Member
TDI
Do you notice if you [the car] smokes when you really step on it since you chipped it?
It smokes a little bit when you really step on it. Which can be a nice then when you have someone on your butt.

DeathEngine

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 NB
Ive noticed the smoke really is only visible when the rpms get up past 3500 when you are flooring it. But it is certainly not bad at all. My 2k tdi with pp502 and upsolute smoked alot more than my chipped pd. And it wasnt as fast either

MDIESEL

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Golf GLS PD-TDI
Ive noticed the smoke really is only visible when the rpms get up past 3500 when you are flooring it. But it is certainly not bad at all. My 2k tdi with pp502 and upsolute smoked alot more than my chipped pd. And it wasnt as fast either
Yeah. These PD's suck....Don't they?

jsrmonster

Veteran Member - TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
15 Golf SW DSG, RC3 piped, 99.5 Jetta Rocket PD150 6spd 4motion, 2000 ASV110 RC6 "Silverbullet" 5spd Race Car, 2003.5 Cummins QCLB 4x4 "Blue Monster" Jeep CRD juiced, MB Sprinter van juiced up
I'll line up next any of you unit injector clods any day with my old piston pump oil burner :)

jettafock

Veteran Member
TDI
Like I said earlier I am currently getting just under 38mpg with a heavy right foot. It really just depends on how you drive. If you lay into it a lot you will use more fuel. But with the more power, how can you not lay into it more.
I get into the 40s on long drives.
Dan

MJ1GTTDI

TDI
Golf MK4 GT TDI 110 1999 Gold
Serial port programing is the way to go. Revo(www.revotechnik.com) is good and they are available in the USA. My TDI Bora (Jetta) was a 150 bhp now its around 200bhp.

Dana D.

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GLS, 2000, white
<font color="brown">I just went to their website and there are Revo dealers all over the place here. What's the difference between EU and NA products/service? </font>