Pentosin oil

Schwimmwagen

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 GSW TDI bone stock waiting for warranty to expire...
Hey I saw this oil for sale, has anybody ever heard of it or has experience on using this oil in their car. I've never heard of it before.
Yes, use it all the time. Very high quality German product carried by the better parts stores in my neck of the woods.

Schwimmwagen

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 GSW TDI bone stock waiting for warranty to expire...
Do you use it on both of your vw's? Which oil do you use, and oil filter. How much is it for an do it yourself oil change.
I've used it on my wife's Civic, Camry, (both sold) my 2 TDI's that I have had, my Westfalia, my wife's current Passat. I'm lucky that my german fleet can all use 5w40. I also recently started using their brake fluid. I haven't purchased their oil filter as I usually use Mann or Hengst which is more common here. Oil in Canada is usually 40% more expensive than in the USA. A 4L jug of this stuff is usually around $50 taxes in. I have my own Pela pump. A Mann filter is around $8. If you plan on having your car a long time, get a Pela pump. I also use Rotella T6 5w40 which I buy at Wal Mart in the states for around $23.

FowVay

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta returned to der Führer
I bought a 20 liter jug of the Pentosin 504.00/507.00 oil (SuperPerformance III 5W-30) for my 2009 TDI plus a few other's that I maintain. It's a very popular German brand of oil and can be purchased from places like O'Reilly autoparts.

FowVay

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta returned to der Führer
The drain interval for the vehicles is 10,000 miles. The oil type doesn't change this recommendation.

I personally shortened my drain interval to 7500 miles due to the low TBN being noted on numerous oil analyses documents.

30_Yr_Dsl_Veteran

banned Ric Woodruff alias account and troll
TDI
2009 Jetta
I personally shortened my drain interval to 7500 miles due to the low TBN being noted on numerous oil analyses documents.
Man, if you are getting low TBN at a low 7,500 miles or 10,000 miles, YOUR OIL IS CRAP! You should switch immediately!

How low is low??? :confused:

If it is >6, that is not considered low.

1dieselsteve

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 TDI Jetta
Well I just got off the the phone with idparts.com they quoted me $52.95 plus a max. Of $9.95 for economy shipping which includes 5 L of 5W30 Pentosin oil, Mann's oil filter, and a magnetic drain plug. Definitely cheaper then what the dealership wanted or after renewing my preferred account with amsoil. How are Mann's oil filter compare to Mahle oil filters?