Pearl Red B4 TDI on I-74 eastbound 08/06/21 9:15pm into Champaign IL?

Steve Addy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
97 Mk3
Was traveling on I-74 last Friday night when I got passed going into Champaign (I think it was) by a pearl red B4 TDI sedan. Hard to see in the dark....

We were in the construction zone, this would have been around 9:15 or so. I was driving the silver / maroon Chevy K1500 pulling a tandem axle trailer, not that you would have noticed it.

Anyone from here?

Steve

PS - I would have posted in the 'sightings' forum but I don't think anyone looks at that much anymore...

Steve Addy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
97 Mk3
There's also that other forum where people whine about TDI's crossing double yellow lines.
Actually this is a pet peeve of mine too...we have pavement markings for a reason....apparently we don't teach people to drive anymore. Either that or they toss the driving manual in the trash once they have the license. But I digress, that's not what my post was about.

My post above isn't complaining about driving behavior in the construction zone, just that I saw the car there, and a B4 seen on the road these days is pretty rare.

Steve

turbodieseldyke

Veteran Member
TDI
98 jetta
It was one of the subforums here, where somebody -- on a different website -- snapped a pic of a car crossing double yellows on a "Dragons Something" [Tail?] road, with no oncoming traffic. It happened to be a TDI so got reposted here.

I mostly drive the speed limit to keep my MPGs up, but when I'm in the hills, my speed is determined by the geography, not my cruise control button. I spent a bunch of fuel to get up the hill, I have no intention of wasting it by burning my brake pads going down.

Steve Addy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
97 Mk3
It was one of the subforums here, where somebody -- on a different website -- snapped a pic of a car crossing double yellows on a "Dragons Something" [Tail?] road, with no oncoming traffic. It happened to be a TDI so got reposted here.

I mostly drive the speed limit to keep my MPGs up, but when I'm in the hills, my speed is determined by the geography, not my cruise control button. I spent a bunch of fuel to get up the hill, I have no intention of wasting it by burning my brake pads going down.
I mind pavement markings all the time, and speed limits in town generally, but out of town I like to use the .59 6th gear when I can. Iowa is a big flat place...

Steve