pd150 intercooler

lam121

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Golf GL - Blue Anthracite
just some quick questions:

anyone have any pictures of the pd150 intercooler?
anyone completed a successful conversion from stock to pd150 intercooler?

I ask because I ordered/received a part from Monaco Motors in the UK that looks more like a radiator than an intercooler.

mydeathbynapalm

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf GLS, 2002, Reflex Silver
Some have suggested that in order to do the PD150 IC swap from stock in a 1.9 TDI it's best to also use the PD150 radiator and a couple other key parts for fitment issues. That the total cost/installation comes out to about what an aftermarket FMIC kit comes to...

Now for the part you ordered and received...maybe post the part number and someone can verify what it is you have in hand. It's OEM VW, yes?

Thought about this FMIC for down the road because hey, they're cheap as a standalone part...but if a whole lot of work with other parts needs to be done...who knows...

So post a part number.

KERMA

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
99 beetle and 04 jetta
just some quick questions:

anyone have any pictures of the pd150 intercooler?
anyone completed a successful conversion from stock to pd150 intercooler?

I ask because I ordered/received a part from Monaco Motors in the UK that looks more like a radiator than an intercooler.
Jim Dieselgeek investigated this a few years ago. If I recall correctly, the radiator support and radiator are different from the ALH.

WHere's Lito when you need him?

lam121

Veteran Member
TDI
Some have suggested that in order to do the PD150 IC swap from stock in a 1.9 TDI it's best to also use the PD150 radiator and a couple other key parts for fitment issues. ...

So post a part number.
part no. - 1J0145803H

the pd150 radiator would have helped because i believe that it has cut outs, or at least indentations, for the mounts on the pd150 intercooler. hopefully it wont be that big of a deal.

lam121

Veteran Member
TDI
thanks for the link, at least the pic confirms that i have the intercooler. was the conversion relatively easy without the pd150 radiator?

BoosTDIt

Veteran Member
TDI
The Last NA 2dr 5sp
I think that all the Golfs will require to buy a Euro-Bumper and Euro Rad support in order for the FMIC to fit..
The Jettas have the same as in Europe...

billmn

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW stock:Totaled 2000 black Golf gls 315K : retired
Does anyone know the part number for the euro radiator for a MK4 Golf?

If I am putting on the euro raditor support do I NEED to put on the raditor at the same time or could this be done later? In other words will my current us spec radiator fit the euro spec support?

Thanks
Bill