parting with my stock 160k B4V-went to a new home

klazzic

TDI
B4V & NMS
Hello Everyone,
I don't think I ever made an intro post... and now, not too long after finally getting a forum account, I've convinced myself to part ways with my two current VW diesels. After enjoying various VW diesels (5 that I've owned) over the years, I have not been involved in the forum much, more so creeping in the background gathering up useful info time and again. Let's face it there is a lot of priceless know-how up in here and I've read/seen more cool things than I can count.

I have two white B4V's that I will be listing in the coming weeks and possibly eventually a white B4 VR6. I would like them (if possible) to go to an enthusiasts home. I saved one of the B4V's from being a motor donor for a Jeep project, as I thought it to be a crime for a rust free, road worthy B4 getting ripped up like that...yes, yes... to each our own. Both examples are rust and major accident free (one has a parking lot bump on the passenger front quarter). Some basic info: All vehicles have clear titles. One B4V has 300k on the body and many mods; this Passat is making about 280lb-ft to the wheels. The other wagon has around 160k on the clock and is completely stock with the exception of the rear brakes being upgraded to the MK4 Golf style. If someone is really serious about either vehicle I have a super low mileage (sub 100k, no sunroof, or clear coat failure) B4 VR6 that I will also be parting with... but only after one diesel sells. One of the B4V's is born February and the other is from April. Feel free to message me or reply to this post. Pictures and more details to come this weekend-we're getting a blizzard so that may throw my schedule off a bit.

Thanks for reading.

dieseltruck

TDI
96,97 Passat sedans
Good morning I’d sure be interested in seeing some pics and some more details (eg. price etc.)
Andrew

jhax

Veteran Member
TDI
96 Passat B4V, ALH engine out of a 2002 Jetta, some IE Rods and ASV Pistons. Nothing drivable yet though
Hey you're in my neck of the woods! Just for shots and grins is be interested in knowing pricing and photos as well.

Justin

klazzic

TDI
B4V & NMS
Good morning I’d sure be interested in seeing some pics and some more details (eg. price etc.)
Andrew
Hello dieseltruck,
Here are some photos I managed to upload
I need to type up the list of maintenance and upgrades. Not 100% on the price yet. I will not be able to recoup what I have in this vehicle. I need to run numbers first and poke around the internet for comparable sales prior to coming up with a price. Thanks

klazzic

TDI
B4V & NMS
Hey you're in my neck of the woods! Just for shots and grins is be interested in knowing pricing and photos as well.

Justin
Hello jhax,
I have the same reply to you as diesel truck at this point. Most likely the stock B4V is the one that'll go first as I'm less invested in it. I'll try and post details on both Passat's later. Seeing you're not that far away, you're welcome to PM and come check em out. Here's some pics of the modded Passat. Thanks.

ToddA1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'96 B4V, '97 B4 (sold), '97 Jetta (scrapped)
Nice looking car. Captivated with those non rusted injector lines, lol.

-Todd

klazzic

TDI
B4V & NMS
Nice looking car. Captivated with those non rusted injector lines, lol.

-Todd
Haha thanks. I know some folks don’t have a choice but rust and corrosion is something I’ve avoided ever since restoring a 70’s Chevy that needed all sorts of attention in that department.

klazzic

TDI
B4V & NMS
Hello Everyone,
I don't think I ever made an intro post... and now, not too long after finally getting a forum account, I've convinced myself to part ways with my two current VW diesels. After enjoying various VW diesels (5 that I've owned) over the years, I have not been involved in the forum much, more so creeping in the background gathering up useful info time and again. Let's face it there is a lot of priceless know-how up in here and I've read/seen more cool things than I can count.

I have two white B4V's that I will be listing in the coming weeks and possibly eventually a white B4 VR6. I would like them (if possible) to go to an enthusiasts home. I saved one of the B4V's from being a motor donor for a Jeep project, as I thought it to be a crime for a rust free, road worthy B4 getting ripped up like that...yes, yes... to each our own. Both examples are rust and major accident free (one has a parking lot bump on the passenger front quarter). Some basic info: All vehicles have clear titles. One B4V has 300k on the body and many mods; this Passat is making about 280lb-ft to the wheels. The other wagon has around 160k on the clock and is completely stock with the exception of the rear brakes being upgraded to the MK4 Golf style. If someone is really serious about either vehicle I have a super low mileage (sub 100k, no sunroof, or clear coat failure) B4 VR6 that I will also be parting with... but only after one diesel sells. One of the B4V's is born February and the other is from April. Feel free to message me or reply to this post. Pictures and more details to come this weekend-we're getting a blizzard so that may throw my schedule off a bit.

Thanks for reading.
UPDATE 15MAR21: I have decided to keep my modded Passat. The stock gal is the one I will part with. Sorry for any false hopes

klazzic

TDI
B4V & NMS
So a little more about the 160k stock B4V:
Previous original owner passed the vehicle to her daughter, who started having medical issues and could not drive stick or drive eventually... The car was put in storage. Someone put air in the tires and started it up every so often. The previous owner did not want to see this sentimental vehicle torn all apart as a donor so the car went to me over some other folks. I started completely going through this car as I had big plans for it BUT ended up inheriting a vehicle that is rather boring to drive, completely up on maintenance, awesome in crappy weather conditions and I don't feel bad driving when salt is used on the roads. So I can't do it all...One Passat has to go.

Some more details:
-Clear coat is flaking on the hood and roof and on some of the doors.
-5 speed manual (shifts smoother then my better maintenance records B4V)
-Tan cloth interior
-Sunroof model
-I believe the front fog lights are there but not a supporting headlight switch
-Less than 5 miles ago it received a new ignition switch, fuel filter, oil change, brake fluid, coolant and new timing belt/pulleys. Water pump was not installed but will be included. I think the kit was from FCP Euro. I need to ask my father in law if he flushed the power steering as he took over the misc to-do item list
-Previous owner did not use forum but the car appears to have been mostly well kept
-Rear brake mod done with MK4 Golf donor parts. Back passenger piston wasn't working the way it should have been which lead to the MK4 mod...

Some things I'm aware of that need attention:
-There is a slow slow oil leak somewhere. Did not deep dive
-I did not check to see what computer the car has
-I need to double check if the 5th injector line needs to still be plugged
-The car is currently sitting at my in-laws (they have a nice garage etc) a few miles away and before this last snow storm the speedo was jumping around. I started reading on this but have not addressed it.
-I did not check but doubt the previous owner did this...blend door repair
-The drivers door sticks a little when opening from the outside, you have to press in for it to open smoothly
-Have not greased sunroof
-Needs front seat rail sliders
-I doubt fuel tank has been "vented"
-Don't know how old glow plugs are. They work fine.
-I would personally bypass the coolant glow plugs
-That is all I can remember tonight :D

All-n-all, a nice vehicle, steers tight and handles well, shifts smooth and is fun to drive.

I will get photos going eventually, I only have one for this vehicle right. I think I'm looking for $2750 to cover all the time and misc parts... despite some more odds and ends that will need attention. I think it'll make a great addition for someone or first B4V!!!

Last edited:

jhax

Veteran Member
TDI
96 Passat B4V, ALH engine out of a 2002 Jetta, some IE Rods and ASV Pistons. Nothing drivable yet though
You know I will. I am excited!