• The TDIClub classifieds section is a heavily trafficked section of the forum that encompasses want-to-buy (WTB) and for-sale (FS) threads for the entire world. Due to the demanding nature and fast pace of this section, it is imperative that you know and understand the rules. It is also important to remember that this is the only parts classifieds section.

Cross-posting and posting classifieds in the regional sections (except the dedicated thread in Ontario) is not permitted.

Multiple items should be sold in one thread. Make sure to provide a description for all items in your post along with pictures and prices. If you start multiple threads with individual items, they will be locked or combined at the discretion of the moderators.

Here is a quick outline of the classifieds section rules. If you don't follow these rules, you subject yourself to thread deletion, thread combination, infractions, or posting privilege revocation.

Thread titles:
    • Put FS or WTB in your thread title. This will let other users know if you are selling or buying.
    • Briefly describe what you are selling. Thread titles have limited space. Be as descriptive, yet succinct, as possible.
    • Put your location in the title.
    • If space allows, put your price in the title

Title example (single item): "FS: 2004 Mk4/BEW cylinder head - Portland, OR - $500"
    Title example (multiple items): "FS: MK6 fog lights, front bumper, headlights, grill - Detroit, MI"
    Title example (car part-out): "FS: Mk3 Jetta parting out engine & interior - Dallas, TX"

Thread text descriptions and pictures:
    • All for-sale threads must include pictures of the items that you are selling. One picture is sufficient, but multiple pictures with different angles will help buyers. A picture is worth a thousand words. If you don't know how to post pictures on TDIClub, see this thread: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=286691
    • All for-sale threads must include a description. We don't charge per-word, so be as descriptive as possible. The more information you can provide, the easier it will be for buyers.
    • All for-sale threads must include a price. Auctions and bidding are not allowed. If you want to auction something off, use eBay.
    No picture, no price, NO SALE!

Thread maintenance/updates/bumps:
    • When you sell something, update your thread with "SOLD!" Moderators will close the thread and update the title.
    • If you have multiple items for sale, update your thread as each item has been sold. When everything has been sold, updated the thread with "ALL ITEMS SOLD!" Moderators will close the thread and update the title when all items have been sold.
    • If you bump your thread, please delete old bumps by clicking on EDIT and then deleting the old bump. This will reduce clutter in your thread and make it easier to read. It also makes you look less desperate.
    • If you drop your price, please update your first post in addition to posting the new price. If you would like the thread title changed, click on the report post icon and let a moderator know what you would like the title changed to.

Moderator intervention and infraction points:
    Moderators will be monitoring the classifieds section. If a moderator determines that you have not been following the rules listed above, corrections will be made and infraction points will be assessed to your account.

What is an infraction point? Simple - it's a system of keeping track of user behavior. A moderator can assign a point value based on the severity of the infraction, as well as an expiration date on the points assessed. If you accumulate a certain number of points, the system will auto-ban you for a predefined amount of time. The more points you accumulate, the longer your ban period will be.

One example of points is as follows: multiple threads will be combined into a single thread, with the number of infraction points assessed corresponding to the number of threads merged. If we merge four threads into one, then you will be assessed four points that expire in 30 days. When you reach five points, the system will auto-ban you for one day.*

*This is an example based on the current infraction system structure. We reserve the right to modify the infraction system at any time without notice or updates to this announcement.

Thank you for your cooperation, and good luck with your sales and searches! :)

-TDIClub Administration

PART OUT: 96 passat TDI

bozwell

Veteran Member
TDI
diesel hoverboard
i picked this car up to complete the parts i need for a TDI swap into my 90 golf. the car was complete when i got to it. below is a list of parts not available, anything not on the list feel free to make me an offer. i have no room to strip this car and store the parts so act quick cuz when im done with the swap shes off to the junkyard!

PARTS NOT AVAILABLE:

engine
transmission
engine wiring harness and ECU
pedal cluster
brake booster
brake master cyl, clutch master cyl, clutch slave

PARTS ALREADY SOLD:

trunk lock cylinder
fan control module
door cards
rear headrests
LR door wiring
outside door handles
gauge cluster

Last edited:

bozwell

Veteran Member
TDI
diesel hoverboard
mohawk69 said:
Is the owner's manual available? How about fog lights?
the car was not equipped w/ fogs and i dont remember seeing the owners manual but ill check again

CharlieT

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi TTqTDI, B4V, B5.5V, '12 NMS SEL
whats the interior like ? I need a few pieces....
e-brake and shifter boots ? clean ?
elusive cup holder ?
rearview mirror ?
also, the trunk release button/lock, exterior lock with the black plastic piece around it.. mine keeps popping out.

bozwell

Veteran Member
TDI
diesel hoverboard
CharlieT said:
whats the interior like ? I need a few pieces....
e-brake and shifter boots ? clean ?
elusive cup holder ?
rearview mirror ?
also, the trunk release button/lock, exterior lock with the black plastic piece around it.. mine keeps popping out.
the interior is tan. the seats arent in very good shape, they have some tears and crushed bolsters. im planning on keeping the cupholder for myself but i will get you pics of the boots. the trunk button works fine and the surrounding trim is in good shape too

bozwell

Veteran Member
TDI
diesel hoverboard
V6-TDI 4-Motion said:
Instrument Cluster?

Price? Picture?

Sven
$40 + shipping, pic added. i dont remember the exact mileage reading but it was somewhere in the area of 180k miles

BolaB4V

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 passat tdi wagon, 97 F-150 XLT 4x4, 99.5 Mk4 Jetta VR6/5M
I need the plastic part the sunroof cable hooks to and it also guides and closes the front flap-windbreaker of hole when open -simple but neccesary thing. and the plastic int. bolt cover to the pass rear view mirror alsothe Passat badge off the trunk? Id like a couple rims but that wouldnt ship well I think. zip is upstate NY, 13676

quartersaw

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta Wagon, '96 B4V,'99 2 door Golf
I can't tell from the shadowing in the photos, but if the hood,and drivers side front fender are in good shape,I'd be interested

mikester2

TDI
1982 VW Westy 1.6TD, 1996 B4 TDI (383K), 2015 NMS TDI SEL DSG (11K)
Do the doors and windows all work? I have a black 96 B4 that had a rear tire let go and shred the paint on the driver's side. Window regulators are also a little flaky on them. But otherwise they are straight and the interior is tan. I am interested in yours if they are in better shape than the ones I have.

I am also interested in the lower air damn/valence thingy below the front bumper. Mine is about half gone because of some joy-riding by a previous owner.

I can drive down and pick up the doors. If leaving your interior exposed to the weather is an issue I can swap mine for yours down there.

Thanks,

Mike

bozwell

Veteran Member
TDI
diesel hoverboard
BolaB4V said:
What do the front struts look like?
i only drove the car around the block but from what i could tell they didnt feel blown and the ride was not bouncy. theyre still in the car tho and i never took a close look at them

bozwell

Veteran Member
TDI
diesel hoverboard
mikester2 said:
Do the doors and windows all work? I have a black 96 B4 that had a rear tire let go and shred the paint on the driver's side. Window regulators are also a little flaky on them. But otherwise they are straight and the interior is tan. I am interested in yours if they are in better shape than the ones I have.

I am also interested in the lower air damn/valence thingy below the front bumper. Mine is about half gone because of some joy-riding by a previous owner.

I can drive down and pick up the doors. If leaving your interior exposed to the weather is an issue I can swap mine for yours down there.

Thanks,

Mike
the LR door i believe is in good shape but the LF door has a good bit of rust on the fender edge. the RF and LR windows are inoperable but the other 2 worked fine. as for the valance ill hafta look and see what kinda shape its in, ill take some pics of it too

BolaB4V

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 passat tdi wagon, 97 F-150 XLT 4x4, 99.5 Mk4 Jetta VR6/5M
bozwell, when you get time take a look and maybe shoot me a pic. of struts-pm me and Ill give you my email address- , and Id like to know if you could help me with my 1st wish list of parts back on the first page I can do MO or paypal, what ever works best.., thx

phil potter

Door pull and door handle

I need an interior right hand door pull. I might be interested in all four door pulls if reasonable.

Also, do the outside door handles work? I may be interested is those. I have 3 - 96 passats and I seem to always have a door handle than won't work.

Please let me know a price for both.

thanks

bozwell

Veteran Member
TDI
diesel hoverboard
BolaB4V said:
bozwell, when you get time take a look and maybe shoot me a pic. of struts-pm me and Ill give you my email address- , and Id like to know if you could help me with my 1st wish list of parts back on the first page I can do MO or paypal, what ever works best.., thx
sorry, didnt realize i never got back to you. the rearview mirror is sold but i think i can help you with the other parts. ill shoot a pic of the struts hopefully tomorrow nite and we'll go from there

bozwell

Veteran Member
TDI
diesel hoverboard
phil potter said:
I need an interior right hand door pull. I might be interested in all four door pulls if reasonable.

Also, do the outside door handles work? I may be interested is those. I have 3 - 96 passats and I seem to always have a door handle than won't work.

Please let me know a price for both.

thanks
i have a sale pending on the door cards with the pulls so i cant let those go unless the buyer bails. AFAIK all the outside door handles work but ill hafta double check on that

GetMore

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 Passat TDI, 2010 Jetta Sportwagen
How's the headliner look?
You did say the driver's window regulator works, right? Is that still unclaimed?

bozwell

Veteran Member
TDI
diesel hoverboard
GetMore said:
How's the headliner look?
You did say the driver's window regulator works, right? Is that still unclaimed?
drivers reg works great, i have a sale pending on the headliner but ill let you know if that falls thru. it would hafta be recovered tho since most of the material is missing

vacman

TDI
passat,1996,pearl red - 82 jetta 1.6 diesel
Do you have a separate sunroof switch? Not one that is combined with dome light panel.