Park Distance Control (Factory Installed)

Vorsprung

thanks

I finally installed my 4-mo rear and mounted the sensors, wiring them up this weekend, just have to finish fabricating the inside car harness.

aRd

Veteran Member
TDI
MK4 Golf TDI PD
Hi all

did anyone ever connect the PDC controller onto the CAN gateway, green coonector on the cluster,pin 8 and 9. This is applicable to the IMMO III cluster. This is the convenience CAN connection, for convenience electric, steering control and Radio etc

PapaBare

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GLS, 2005, Shadow Blue
I have a installed a simpler unit on my Acura EL 1.7.

I picked up off of eBay for under $20 with a single sensor.

I park in a parkade every day and back into the parking stall. This unit tells me when I am close enough to the barrier that I can not see.

These are great and may become manditory standard equipment on all vehicles sold in Canada for the 2007MY.

I picked up mine under the brand name of "Back-up Alert". I realise that it is not as fancy as the OEM ones, nor have as many sensors, but it is sure nice to have. Period!

ian475

TDI
golf
hi guys,i am in the middle of doing this mod but could realy do with some advice concerning the diagnostic connection.where would be the best place to pickup this wire(i aint brilliant on electrics so prefferably a detailed answer would be appreciated,i.e. wire such and such colour on the back of something pin number something).my car is 2003 golf with satnav,climate and multifunction steering wheel if that helps.cheers guys

pheller

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GLS 1.8t, 2003, Platinum Gray
ian475 said:
hi guys,i am in the middle of doing this mod but could realy do with some advice concerning the diagnostic connection.where would be the best place to pickup this wire(i aint brilliant on electrics so prefferably a detailed answer would be appreciated,i.e. wire such and such colour on the back of something pin number something).my car is 2003 golf with satnav,climate and multifunction steering wheel if that helps.cheers guys
Tap it at the OBD connector, Pin 7. (From memory, so I suggest double checking with the wiring diagrams).

--phil

snapdragon

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Passat 2.5 TDi Auto Variant
Thanks to this good info, I got the new lower angled valance for my Variant Passat with the sensor holes already in (£45) and a BREES HS-04 parking sensor kit off ebay (£30) and it's great. Each rear light cluster has extra sockets on the back of the bulb holder which you can take a reversing light 12v from without hacking the factory wiring at all, it needs a 2.8mm female spade terminal llike the smaller one used on car speakers. These will push straight on. Pin 31 is -ve and I think it was RS was reversing, but you would have to check (follow tracks from bulb)

I installed the display out of sight as I can rely on the chimes, I installed it in the space above the CD changer behind the panel in the luggage compartment.

tamorgen

Veteran Member
I'm looking at doing this method when I put on a Votex rear bumper. I though about using the DriversGear kit, however, I like that the OEM version is connected to the K-wire, which allows troubleshooting.

I was searching for the parts, and the part #1J0 919 275, the sensors, seems to be invalid. I did a google search and came upon this thread, which seems to indicate that the part number was superceeded with 1J0 998 275B, which seems to match up with the Taureg. Can anybody confirm this?

The price of the new part number is $80.15 at 1stVWparts

Also, has anybody done this with the Votex bumper? What would the proper placement be?

Last edited:

tamorgen

Veteran Member
Has anybody ever confirmed that the Audi sensor is the same as the VW sensor? I'm sure the electronics are the same, but it may be a question of the orientation of the electrical connection.

Audi part numbers are 4B0 919 275, 275 B
Jetta part numbers are 1J0 998 275, 275A
Golf part numbers are 1J6 919 275, 275A

The Jetta parts are available in the US, the Golf are not. The price difference on the Jetta vs Audi parts is quite a bit. Jetta are $131.10 & $136.80 off of Impex, and I think it was around $102 & 106 off of 1st VW Parts. The Audi parts are around $95 on Impex and $75 off of 1st VW parts. I've also seen the Audi parts on Ebay.de for around $25 each.

Last edited:

tamorgen

Veteran Member
Nihilator said:
Tim, the sensors that came with my Kufatec harness are 1J0 919 275B made in Spain by Bosch.

--Chris
You are lucky that Kufatec sent the sensors with your order. They don't offer them any more. I asked. They are outrageously price here, if you can find them. I really want to do it, but unless I can get the price of the sensors lower, I can't justify the cost. The Audi sensors are a bit less, but I'd need to see them side by side to verify they are the same, and will fit the same on the brackets in the spoiler/valance.

titou43

TDI
TDI 130 4Motion
Hello
I'm french so my english is not very good... Sorry

I have a golf MK4 1J (1J1287) of 2002 (can bus) without PDC and I want to upgrade this ...

I have found a PDC of Passat 3B (3B6168) of 2003 (can bus)...
The partnumbers are différent but is it possible to use these parts for to upgrade my MK 4 ?

Best regards

graeme86

Veteran Member
TDI
Not yet - fuel is too cheap! - 3.2 VR6 R32
Been collecting some goodies and have done a final test today before installation on my Mk IV R32

Golf PDC module fully wired to OEM spec with diagnostics

Mounting position for module on Golf under right rear tail light.
There are two hexagonal holes in crossmember for a special rivnut (one installed in pic):

Second nut installed:

Phaeton rear sensor adhesive mounts to be mounted inside bumper:

OEM spec harness made up from individual parts:

Buzzer mounted under right side hatch trim piece:

All I need to do now is drill 4 holes in my rear bumper!

franko180

TDI
MKIV
Guys, I'm retro fitting the OEM kit to my Bora. So far I have the valance fitted with the sensors in and wiring loom pulled into the car and I've mouned the control unit in the correct place and connected the sensor loom to it. My next problem is working out where the buzzer/bracket is mounted to? I have the buzzer mounted on the metal bracket but does anyone know where this bracket is attached on a Bora/Jetta? I was hoping it would be the same as the Golf (under the parcel shelf as Graeme photo'd above) but on my Bora/Jetta there is a lot of black metal work under the shelf and its not clear what/where the bracket should attach to? Thanks for any help in advance!

PS Graeme your work is excellent as always, looks so factory fresh!

graeme86

Veteran Member
TDI
These are the fitting locations for the PDC module and the warning buzzer:

The Bora/Jetta buzzer is actually mounted inside the passenger cabin under the rear parcel shelf trim, but above the metal pressing. :)

Last edited:

franko180

TDI
MKIV
I cant thank you enough for that Graeme, hoping to get the 'rear' end of the install done this afternoon now I know where to mount the buzzer!

franko180

TDI
MKIV
Oh dear, fail on my part! I condfidently went outside to fit the buzzer (shouldn't be the biggest job ever right?) and despite having the diagram from Graeme I can't see how it relates to the contents of my Bora boot/trunk. I have the right side carpet trim pulled off, so I can see the right rear wheel arch, can even see the rear seat belt (has a block of foam over it) but still can't see anything that the "Bora/Jetta buzzer" diagram relates to. I can't decipher which part of the boot/trunk the diagram is supposed to be describing. Graeme, from what your saying it should be under the "parcel shelf trim"? Does that mean I have to remove the parcel shelf? I underneath the parcel shelf and all around the right of it, but nothing really looks exactly like your diagram does.

Have you any idea what that bottom edge is supposed to be near the arrows? Is the view supposed to be looking upwards into the top edge of the right side of the boot (near the fuel filler?). I dont want to just cable tie this thing in, but I'm getting towards that now, patience is wearing out :(

graeme86

Veteran Member
TDI
It does not mount in the trunk. :)

You have to get inside the back seat and remove the trim covering the rear parcel shelf under the back window and then it bolts on top of the metal.

The buzzer is mounted inside the passenger cabin so you can hear it properly.

The bit at the bottom of the picture is the back edge of the boot and the rear window glass.

You should be able to see those shapes they have drawn in the metal pressing from underneath as well to get your bearings.

So the picture is like standing behind the car and looking in the back window at where the parcel shelf would be.

There should be a convenient hole in the metal for the wire to pass through but I have no details of its exact path to the module.

The way it is drawn it looks like the plug is coming out of the right side of the buzzer.

Hope that clarifies. :)

Last edited:

J41R0

TDI
Seat Leon 1.9
I'm looking to install an oem system, but it's not being easy to arrange a complete system for a golf 4.
Does anyone knows if the system used on the audi a3 8l can be properly fitted on a golf 4?
It uses 4B0919275 instead of 1J0919275 sensors, 4B0919283 instead of 1J0919283 unit and harness seems to be the same.
So, i guess that it will be for sure compatible and that it will be easy to activate it by vagcom as it certainly uses the K-line? !?!
Can someone confirm if I'm right or wrong?

LuxLP

TDI
VW Bora 2003
Hi!
I've got an 1J0919283A ECU and 1K0919275 sensors wint the buzzer and wiring (from audi A6) for my vw bora 2002.
When I try to test the whole set and connect the corresponding wires to +, - and the K-line (I use the OBD connector to connect to K-line), the ECU can be read by VAG-Com, but the sensors does not work correctly. The buzzer keeps buzzing all the time without stops, VAG COM test can not be performed.
Any ideas why?
Will the ECU work correctly witjout K-line at all?