Old Pics of VW Factory!

Oberkanone

Top Post Dawg
TDI
13 Jetta TDI Premium manual "gone"
Enjoyed the link.

What do you suppose the liquid is from the hoses above the Beetle body?

Cummins Driver

TDI
2011 Golf 6 Speed manual, Candy White
Vintage Pics of Factory

My dad was a dealer from 1959 - 1970 in NE Ohio. He has 8mm film taken in the factory of bodies being electro-coated with primer, engines being built, etc.....

Karmman Ghia bodies were hand built. I am told that an inspector wearing a special glove checked the seam on top of the front fender, just behind the head lights where the 2 pieces of metal met and were welded. Ghia's were also fairly expensive; a coupe was $2630 and convertible, $2695 (1960).

What did the cars cost? In my sig line is a link to a scan of his 1960 price list. There were probably more model variants available then than many realize.

You gotta like the price of a 1960 Beetle/Type 113 ! :eek:

Last edited:

PDJetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'04 Jetta GLS TDI Pumpe Duce Platinum Grey w/ Leather
I'm sure that would be a good read!
I bought it a while back and it has some awsome pictures of parts and vehicle manufacture and stockpiles of parts. The plant visit was in May of 1953, about 25 days AFTER the split (rear) window was discontinued in the Beetle, so unfortunately, every VW in the place is an oval window.

--Nate

Last edited:

2Goldens

TDI
2009 White Jetta TDI
I had a 1978 Rabbit, 4 spd. Great car. But the car didn't last with the harsh Erie, Pa winters.

Woodstock_TDi

TDI
2010 Jetta 6 speed & 2004 New Beetle 5 speed
Similar book for Porsche?

To TDJetta or any others, do you know if there is any kind of similar book like this for Porsche?

MonsterTDI09

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta DSG/ up keep on 2009 Jetta DSG 2006 Jetta Pag 2 in North SEA Green
Have things changed

click to enlarge

Woodstock_TDi

TDI
2010 Jetta 6 speed & 2004 New Beetle 5 speed
Does clicking on the above picture to enlarge work for anyone? I get a "you need to be registered" message... yet I am logged in to my registered account

Steve-o

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon
Does clicking on the above picture to enlarge work for anyone? I get a "you need to be registered" message... yet I am logged in to my registered account
For some reason the pictures area requires a separate login from tdiclub. Just click on the Login link on that page and type in your tdiclub ID and password. Leave that tab/window open and go back to this page and click. Enlarged picture. :)

PDJetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'04 Jetta GLS TDI Pumpe Duce Platinum Grey w/ Leather
Last edited:

honda93

TDI
2010 Golf TDI
I love seeing pics from how things were done so long ago. You appreciate the craftsmanship of the old-world methods; yet for me at least, it allows me appreciate the precise, consistent, modern methods even more.