Oil Pan help.

Yetii

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 TDi Passat
So after doing all the work I’ve done, I’ve got the slowest drip coming from the front passenger side of the oil pan. I hate that gasket sealant stuff. Every car I’ve own or my father has own that has one of these “gasket maker” oil pan gaskets its always trouble and trial and error to get it to fully seal with no drips for extended periods of time. I always buy genuine or OE stuff I don’t cheap out. I just suck at applying the gasket I guess.

My question is I want to add the Extended service interval Oil sensor as I will be adding the colorMFA to my cluster. I was reading this Thread and it shows that I can use the AWM oil pan (i wont have to drill out the oil sensor hole in my pan and it helps hold the windage tray for my BSM delete so it’s a win win imo)with the fact I need a spacer for the snub mount (my dad owns a machine shop). With that being said I see there is a “normal” gasket that is made for the 1.8t pans. Has anyone used it?

my last question is, If the bottom hole (in pic below) in the pan is for the oil sensor then what is this hole above the drain plug? If it’s the oil pressure sensor should I plug it? Does our tdi’s have a oil pressure sensor?

Yetii

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 TDi Passat
Ok I believe that’s the turbo oil return hole for the 1.8t. No sensor plugs into there. Ok I’ll make a block plate, Unless there is a oem tdi pan with the oil sensor so I don’t have to machine out my pan. I’ll be on the look out.

Yetii

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 TDi Passat
So being forgetful that we share the same platform as the Audi I took a look at the AWX oil pan and sure enough it’s what I’m looking for. Not only that but it looks exactly like a 1.8t pan but with a built in block off for the turbo oil return line and the opening for the oil sensor. It’s ment for the tdi so I wonder if I will need a spacerI will update eventually. Here is a pic of the oil AWX oil pan. Part number 06B103603AK

I also plan on buying this Gasket to go along with it. Part number 10-10331-01 victor reinz