Oil Anti-Drainback Valve?

Braga_Dub

Veteran Member
TDI
MK4 ALH Golf
Did I miss something? None of my filters seem to have that orange thingie in the middle.
Is this something ALH's don't use? Especially since the rod that goes through the filter sticks out on the other side.

Just confused...

I get my oil change kits from impex if that matters.

Braga_Dub

Veteran Member
TDI
MK4 ALH Golf
Yup!
Here is a pic from the top side. (Sorry, cell phone pic...)

Its a Mahle OX 143 D Micro Star...
But so far none of the MANN or Mahle ones I have gotten have had the orange thing in the middle. The one or two OEM ones have also not had the orange thing. All have been like this one, where you can see right through the middle.

mparker326

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf 2002 Gray

I haven't seen anything orange in mine, but all have had the anti-drainback feature. This was the factory installed filter on my passat.

20IndigoBlue02

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Golf TDI-- deceased
Braga_Dub said:
Did I miss something? None of my filters seem to have that orange thingie in the middle.
Is this something ALH's don't use? Especially since the rod that goes through the filter sticks out on the other side.

Just confused...

I get my oil change kits from impex if that matters.
That's because our cars uses a replacement element style filter. The dam in the lower portion of the filter acts as the anti-drainback mechanism

If you had a MKIII TDI or any other car that uses the usual filter can, then you would see an "anti-drainback" valve on the better filters.