Oh YEA!!!!

doc_m

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None
Well as some may know wrote off my 00 Jetta TDI with 352k Kms on it.... got my pay out from insurance and found the Spice Red 09 TDI comfortline with ESP and beige leather interior. Got it friday just after noon, went to work with it, and after that drove from kelowna to langley, wow!! had a couple different cars the past couple weeks from a ford focus that just was a bad experience all together to a gas guzzling PT Cruiser. Even with the all seasons on it at the moment which is soon to change this car handles great!! and the 6 speed manual transmission is very nice as well.

icecap

Veteran Member
TDI
2006.5 Jetta TDI 5Spd Black Anthracite Pkg 1
doc_m said:
Well as some may know wrote off my 00 Jetta TDI with 352k Kms on it.... got my pay out from insurance and found the Spice Red 09 TDI comfortline with ESP and beige leather interior. Got it friday just after noon, went to work with it, and after that drove from kelowna to langley, wow!! had a couple different cars the past couple weeks from a ford focus that just was a bad experience all together to a gas guzzling PT Cruiser. Even with the all seasons on it at the moment which is soon to change this car handles great!! and the 6 speed manual transmission is very nice as well.
Congratulations Eric enjoy the new wheels. I love my A5 and feel its the best vehicle (of the 14 or so I've owned since my 1st) I've ever had. The ESP has already saved our lives as there is no way I could have survived T boning a pickup that just did a u turn right in my path as I was doing 110 Km's. I had the brakes on with all of my might, 2 wheels on the gravel shoulder of the oncoming lane and managed to swerve around the front of the pickup without losing control. I was amazed comming out of that one as my guardian angels initials were ESP. Looking foreword to seeing it next GTG. Incidentally I'm now in week 2 with my new improved design Evo skid plate. The new design replaces the front struts with formed brackets. I chose to go over top of my plastic plate since my engine compartment has remained incredibly clean at 40K thank to how well everything is enclosed. Have a great Christmas and see you next GTG.

Last edited:

SBAtdijetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'10 Jetta Cup 6spd, '02 Jetta Auto
Doc,

Congrats on the new car, I'm sure you will love it just as much as the old one. Ive driven a few 09 CR's and they are nice, got to love the 6spd too!

doc_m

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None
Oh yea I looove the 6 speed, and needless to say the two rentals I had were not fun at all and after a couple weeks out of a VW feels great to be back in a quality vehicle that I can feel safe in :) Picked up some winter rims today and getting the tires switched over this week so I can have proper wheel/ tire combo, glad i could keep my old tires as they were only a month old and the 15's will fit :). But was very surprised how well the all seasons did along with the abs and esp certainly no complaints.

TDIMOFO

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jstta TDI
Congratulations. As a fellow new owner I relate to your excitement. You have a great great gar there.
TDIMOFO

doc_m

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None

Ok here it is before I took delivery.... nice sunny day but pretty cold think it was around minus 18.....

darrenf

Veteran Member
TDI
09 JSW TDI Black/Black, Pano, Avignons
That's a nice color! Is that different than the Salsa Red? It looks great in that picture!

-darren

doc_m

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None
They called it spice red on the build sheet if i recall, also lucked out previous customer wanted leather and not velour so got a sweet deal on that :)

doc_m

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None
Leather is not in the comfortline, this was a special request from the previous buyer, so they went and got it done, but they changed thier mind about the car and wanted a different one, so I got a sweet deal on a custom leather interior :)

doc_m

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None
Well with just over 1800 km on the car, looooving it!! finally after the initial break in as per DBW bring the car up to redline, man gotta watch it though as it likes to go fast :)

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
I know what you mean. With 2300 miles on the clock, I let it stretch its legs on the Interstate today. First time I've had it on the open road. Nice!

doc_m

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None
paramedick said:
I know what you mean. With 2300 miles on the clock, I let it stretch its legs on the Interstate today. First time I've had it on the open road. Nice!
Lol yea for the first time in a while it was almost above freezing! got to my destination in real good time, wow just think of the grin on my face when mark get's a hold of it to chip it :)