OEM part numbers

bmike

Thread Killer
TDI
1998 Jetta - sold, 2010 A3 - sold
Does anyone have an on-line source for factory part numbers, or is it some super secret classified information? Thanks.

Powder Hound

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'00 Golf 4dr White 5sp, '02 Jettachero 5sp, Wife's '03 NB Platinum Gray auto(!)
It isn't super secret, but VW likes to keep it that way as much as possible. I guess it is intellectual property which protected from public scrutiny would keep those of us of the unwashed masses out of nasty places like under the hood. VW wants only dealer techs to be doing skilled jobs like changing light bulbs, afterall.

The reality is that the more dependent you are on dealers, the more money they can suck out of your wallet. Never mind the extra funds they charge due to mis-diagnoses and sloppy labor that breaks parts. But the other part of it is, if you pay for a subscription, you can get the latest and greatest. Result: VW screws their own dealers, too!

T_D_I_POWER

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'04 VW PASSAT GLS TDI '06 Audi A4 q Avant 6-Spd Sport Pkg
If you want the OEM part nos. then simply just go to that particular OEM website as they all have online catalogues i.e. Bosch, Hengst, Mahle, Mann, Meyle etc.

If you want the OE part nos., then google for ETKA there's about 312000 results.

Warthog

Veteran Member
TDI
see Bio
The Russian ETKA appears to be having some sort of difficulty...tried for 2 days to get it thru Vagcat.com. No luck.
Anyone else got a link to a freebie?