Oem parking sensor retrofit kit now available for 2012 passat

Kchorro

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI SEL
OEM PARKING SENSOR RETROFIT KIT NOW AVAILABLE FOR 2012*PASSAT

VW just released a OEM Park distance control accessory for the 2012 VW Passat. This is a dealer installed OEM solution from Volkswagen and runs about $450 from your local parts department before installation.*

2012 PASSAT Park distance control part # 3C0-054-630

http://askavwsalesguy.com/

RI_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 B5.5v, '89 DOKA Syncro
Helps to keep you from backing into things. Assuming it works like the one in my Ford Freestyle, its four sensors go in the rear bumper and the driver hears a beep when something is within about a meter of the bumper. The closer the object, the faster the beep. Creep back until the tone goes continuous and you're as close as you should get to anything without hitting it. Quite helpful for most folks when parking, especially parallel.

MyAvocation

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2017 Passat SEL TSI
Excellent option for those who parallel park on a regular basis. And these folks typically have scuffed-up bumpers -- sometimes of their own doing, but mostly from urbanites who think gently touching bumpers is acceptable parking etiquette. :rolleyes: I was actually tagged once while sitting in my truck parked in downtown Chicago. Went-off on the a-hole, who then had the audacity to BLAME ME for having a big vehicle! Told 'em he just earned a face bashing and he lit outta there as if on fire.

delaware_doug

TDI
Passat B5.5 GLS
That's great, but why no back up camera? (as factory installed, like on the CC) I just installed one on my wife's Yukon XL ($79 from Pep Boys) and it's great. Took about 2 1/2 & I only had to drill 1 hole (in floor) everthing else I used existing harness/wraps.

physicshogon

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat
The only "bad" thing about installing this "OEM" set of sensors is that from the factory the sensors are placed in the FRONT of the vehicle as well. So you're really getting ripped off by installing this aftermarket version.

physicshogon

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat
Negative; the system you re all referring to only fits the CC. Won't work w/ the 2012. Tried it...no go. Don't waste your money. Dealers will confirm.

Bio

TDI
2012 Passat TDI SE
anybody try this yet?
Correction, according to the VW catalog, the 3C0-054-630 is for the 06 - 2010 Passat, and park Assist kit available for the 2012 and newer passats is part number is 561-054-630 (per Fixmy59bug), going to order from him and having it installed by my dealership with an installation fee of $275. Note, it might need to be painted to match your car. I will post pictures when I get it down in Feb.

Bio

TDI
2012 Passat TDI SE
I believe this is the optical parking system, the only one they carry in their catalog. They said they never installed one before, it will roughly take four hours to install, since it will require removing both bumpers, some trunk liner trim to run the wires, drilling multiple holes in the bumper. Lastly, the location to mount the speakers.

What is the RNS, I can always call and ask what that is.

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
If there's speakers I don't think it's the optical system since it uses the radio / nav. The RNS is the Nav system (Radio Navi System :) )

-J

Bio

TDI
2012 Passat TDI SE
I hope not, I don't have the Navi system!
what comes in the box.
Control Unit, four sensors, sound generator, model specific connecting wires, fitting material, mounting and user manual.

phat7deuce

TDI
2012 Jetta SportWagen TDI
I posted a pretty long rant on Vortex about OPS, because BoldSport has a kit for about $200. I was going to take a crack at it, but not being an expert I ran into some questions. Hadn't heard back from anyone over there, maybe someone here can provide some insight...

For those of us without Nav, OPS would be a cool solution for our Passat's big booty!

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5517617-Adding-OPS

Bio

TDI
2012 Passat TDI SE
I posted a pretty long rant on Vortex about OPS, because BoldSport has a kit for about $200. I was going to take a crack at it, but not being an expert I ran into some questions. Hadn't heard back from anyone over there, maybe someone here can provide some insight...

For those of us without Nav, OPS would be a cool solution for our Passat's big booty!

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5517617-Adding-OPS
why not the PDC, it is VW part, warrantied and can be installed by them. I guess the vehicle is too new for anyone to mess around with the circuit right now, so you might be the first one.
When they install mine, the PDC, I will ask them to take some pictures, so at least we can to see that they did.

phat7deuce

TDI
2012 Jetta SportWagen TDI
why not the PDC, it is VW part, warrantied and can be installed by them. I guess the vehicle is too new for anyone to mess around with the circuit right now, so you might be the first one.
When they install mine, the PDC, I will ask them to take some pictures, so at least we can to see that they did.
That would be cool. I'm more interested in the OPS to display on the screen...I saw the OEM PDC kit, but didn't notice any mention of OPS...

Bio

TDI
2012 Passat TDI SE
Got the part, dropped it off to local dealership, getting it painted to match car and will schedule it sometimes next week for surgery.

VWJayhawk

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium
Has anyone done this for the front yet? Was a good retrofit for my old car, and is a good thing to have for certain situations.

VernK

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat 2.5L Gas
I have a Bosch system waiting for install. BTW, the OEM PDC is a Bosch system, the controller looks identical though I suspect it is different internally to integrate with the VW.

Yours
Vern

Bio

TDI
2012 Passat TDI SE
Took the dealership 4 hours to put the sensor it, works great, loving it.
Side note, some of the sensor tip needed to be painted to match the color of the vehicle.

Overall:
Part cost: $345
Installation: $283
Total: $628

Last edited:

Cosmo_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI Sport CL
I got a quote from a dealer and it's about 750.00 installed. I asked about paint and stuff, they said there was no mention that it was needed.

Not sure if I wanted to do this on my own, but the back up sensor would help me allot, for some reason I can park a transport easier than I can park this car. Even a 2010 Shelby I can park easier than this car. For some reason, that rear trunk / bumper is hard for me to judge where it is.

Anyone have pics or that of the dealer installed version?

-Anthony

Bio

TDI
2012 Passat TDI SE
I will take a picture and try to load it up here, or I can text it to you. The paint is for the sensor caps, you can tell from the picture as well.

Last edited:

Bio

TDI
2012 Passat TDI SE
the beeper kit
i have pictures and videos but still not sure how to upload it

Last edited:

mnm2008

TDI
2013 VW Passat TDI SE DSG
@ Bio -- Interested to see how they look - Can u upload couple of pics?