NW TDI drivers please help!

THX1138

Some of you may have met me briefly at the GTG this summer down in Olympia. I work at Larson's Autohaus in Tacoma and am experinceing a slight dilemma. I don't think that people in our area realize that the new TDI Jetta wagons are now available. Please spread the word, so that my management will realize the importance of getting more allocated to us up here! My goal is not to advertise for my own personal gain, but more for the TDI community. If this is the wrong forum I apologize, but my post in the dealer inventory section seems to have gone unnoticed. Even if anyone would like to come buy and take one for a drive, just for a test, it would be my pleasure!
Thanks in advance for any help! Ryan Morris

Driv'n EZ

Veteran Member
It's OK that the post is here, but I think you may get more coverage on the For Sale section. Give it a try, or maybe a moderator can move this thread for you.

Thanks for advocating for TDI ownership in your area.

boyelectric

Veteran Member
How much is a 2000 Jetta GLS TDI black/black leather with sunroof and alloys worth (30K miles) on a trade in for a 2002GLS wagon with similar options?

Ron Raley

Veteran Member
Hi there, I recently just got my 2002 jetta wagon tdi gls. I found it hard to get one, our local dealer said they are hard to come by and they only had one on the lot that they just got in a few days earlier,(I traded in our 2000 cabrio) for the TDI as soon as I saw the wagon on the lot, we didn't waste any time thinking it over.... But it seems to me that they had a lot of tdi bugs and jetta sedans compared to a wagon. Could it be because wagons just arn't as popular as the other cars. personally, It is an excellent alternative to the big SUV, and much more economical. The TDI wagon is a real kick to drive and surprisingly spry.

Dante

Veteran Member
TDI
Silver 2000 Golf GLS TDI
I think the wagons are sourced out of Wolfsburg. That might mean there are fewer of them allocated to the US compared to the other cars that are now sourced out of Brazil or Mexico. Just a thought.

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
Guys, the diesel powered wagons have been available for 8 weeks now. We had two of them at our recent GTG on Dec 1st.

All wagons are made in Germany.

JR_TDI's leather interior

tiered storage compartment in the rear

Ron Raley

Veteran Member
I love that rear compartment that the new wagon has! Very well thought out... Those leather seats look real comfortable too. I actually like the seats in my 02 jetta wagon versus the 2000 Cabrio. The Jetta seats feel better built and I like the new hight adjustment handle versus the old one.