Non-VW loan being delayed?

imurrx

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 TDI Cup Street Edition
I just got off the phone with the bank lender for my TDI. They have yet to receive any request from VW for a buyout pay off amount. My documents were accepted and pending qualifying review on 10/31/16.

Anyone else have had a non VW loan with this problem or have you been accepted?

iadubber

Veteran Member
TDI
JSW
Not accepted. I called my CU this week to see if a payoff request had been made and they've heard nothing. :( It's really tiring.

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
I have an offer on one car with a non-VW loan, and have been waiting on the other since documents were accepted 11/16.

Mark SF

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDi
On Thursday 1st, VW contacted my CU for a payoff quote, but for some reason didn't get the return fax. This Thursday VW called me, with my credit union rep on the other line. Did the payoff quote verbally over the phone with my verbal authorisation.

Suggestion : answer all calls with a 248 area code. Boy, am I glad I answered that one.

Friday morning, got the offer.

But I did call the helpline on Monday, and escalated the issue. Don't know if that helped speed things up, or not.

It does seem that they are acting pro-actively.

Yngsj

TDI
2010 Jetta TDI
My documents were accepted 11/4 and my credit union hasn't been contacted either. I'm sick of paying $105 a month to insure a car that has been sitting in my driveway since May.

beancounter

TDI
2014 Sportwagen 2013 Beetle Conv
Documents were accepted 10/26. As of 12/8 they still had not contacted the credit union. I have contacted the class counsel but they haven't done anything. They promise to look into it, but then I never hear back.

blondeshady2001

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 BGM DSG TDI 4DR
Paperwork approved on 11/7. I have not called my bank yet to inquire but I am not hoping for anything really. Originally I had fully planned on sticking with VW and getting a GTI, but this whole "being in the dark" thing is exhausting. I think I am going to go for a walk around the lot at the local MINI dealer tomorrow.

az7000'

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta TDI (gone), 2014 Passat TDI (gone), 2014 Touareg TDI (Amazing!)
One car scheduled for 12/28, waiting for the offer on the other. Both non VW loans.

Locoelectrician

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL, 2015 Golf SEL Sportwagen, 2005 Jetta TDI, John Deere 355D
Local CU and not a word since acceptance on 11/7. Luckily, I've dealt with this CU for nearly 20 years and they let me drop the insurance to comprehensive which is only 13 a month. Still have the 630 car payment though.

BlueGruff

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW DSG; 2017 Jetta 1.8T Sedan
My docs were accepted 10/26. I received offer letter 20 business days later on 11/26. Car is privately financed (BofA). Buyback appointment is scheduled.

hogrider08

TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI
My Docs were accepted on 10/31/16. Haven't heard anything since. It's 12/10/16. 27 business days down. My loan is a non VW Credit Loan.

PacCoastFwy923

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI 6-speed manual; 2006 mkV Jetta TDI / 5-speed / Pkg 2

But I did call the helpline on Monday, and escalated the issue. Don't know if that helped speed things up, or not.

It does seem that they are acting pro-actively.
Not proactive, that's the definition of "putting fires out." i.e. instead of having a plan, that sounds like they're just jumping around addressing the squeakiest wheels.

But congrats on getting your offer. I'm really resisting calling in and making noise, but I also just found an error I made on my paperwork. It'd be funny if my resubmittal ends up speeding thing along.

kuklaki

TDI
2011 Audi A3 S-line//Non-TDI: 2016 Audi e-tron
Suggestion : answer all calls with a 248 area code. Boy, am I glad I answered that one.

Well crap. My doc's were accepted November 2nd. Now that you wrote that about the 248 area code I checked my call log and sure enough, there was a call missed Nov 15 from 248. Dammit! No messages were left, and no email either.

imurrx

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 TDI Cup Street Edition
Just checked the Buyback Spreadsheet and looks like leases and paid off are 71&75% eligibility verified while VW credit is 56% and private financed is at 31%.

Yup, private financed are getting screwed.

bizzle

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SEL (totaled), 2013 Touareg Executive
Well crap. My doc's were accepted November 2nd. Now that you wrote that about the 248 area code I checked my call log and sure enough, there was a call missed Nov 15 from 248. Dammit! No messages were left, and no email either.
My documents were already accepted and my buyback is scheduled for the 28th. I missed a 248 call on Thursday but who knows what this will or won't do in terms of my scheduled return date.

Neoplanman

TDI
2013 Jetta TDI
My documents were accepted on 10/26, as of 12/9 my CU had not received a call for a payoff yet. The loans officer almost has me on speed dial to let me know when VW calls. I am one of several TDI customers that my CU has and the loan officer told me that they haven't received a call for anybody's payoff yet. VERY frustrating...

Sprockets

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI
My documents were accepted 11/07, and I just got my offer letter this morning (12/11). I am financed through Wells Fargo dealer services.

Planning on doing the notary routine tomorrow!

PacCoastFwy923

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI 6-speed manual; 2006 mkV Jetta TDI / 5-speed / Pkg 2
Did I post in this thread already that I figured out this weekend that I made a boo boo in my bank's telephone number. I also listed the payoff/payment mailing address, not their general correspondence address.

But I haven't been contacted by VW regarding this.

I'm half assuming they figured it out and know how to contact my lender -- they're a good sized regional credit union, so I suspect VW has their contact info on file.

Regardless. I resubmitted my form by fax including both address and also the payoff fax number.