No Start or Start then stall problem ...

therabbittree

Veteran Member
TDI
B4 passat, 2000 Golf, 2003 Allroad tdi
Ok, I'm working on a friends 2002 Jetta TDI auto 257k miles.. car came in with same problem, I have Vagcom - no codes so we thought it was injection pump, did same thing . We are on are 3rd used injection pump and still same problem. Relay 109 was updated grey style, swapped it out for another good one, also drilled out the fuel tank sump return and feed, new fuel filter and new timing belt kit. I think it may be a wiring / ecm problem. this morning the car had two codes low voltage and intermittent fuel shut off ground n109, cleared them and still no start and codes haven't returned. Even tried running a jumper to fuel shut off solnoid from positive battery and same problem. Car is driving me nuts lol. any ideas..?????
Thanks,
Deo

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
try to rule out the fuel problem-
crack each injector line nut about a 1/4 turn at each injector
put down some rags
you should get a good spray from each nut
I also have that newer N75 and the connector adapter can come loose, causing hard start

therabbittree

Veteran Member
TDI
I am very familar with bleeding diesel injectors. These injectors will spray fuel when cracked open. I installed new filter, and checked the sump & drilled out the restrictions etc. I believe its a electronic / wiring issue. I will check the N75 connector. any other ideas? any way to check ECM ?.. The Glow plug light comes on when key is on.. so the ecm is getting powered up by the n109 relay etc...
Thanks,
Deo

therabbittree

Veteran Member
TDI
No, I had totally cleaned the intake a while ago and the egr is lowered with vagcom, the asv moves freely and i even tried tying it open to make sure.. it still has the same symptoms..
???
Thanks,
Deo