No Heat, No Heated Seats :(

SpeedFreek

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 New Jetta
A few days ago I was driving in cold weather and the engine just started coming up to temp, the seats were toasty and the blower was nicely defrosting my windows. Then it all stopped, not the car but the warmth. The LEDS on the Climate control light up like nothing happened but no fan or heated seats.

I have heard of resistor packs going out, is that my case, it blew a 5 amp mini fuse in the door fuse-box but that was replaced and every fuse checks out with my Fluke.

My cruise and traction control are having issues also but I see these as unrelated. The traction control stopped working about a year and a half ago (good riddance) and the cruise control I have to have in the "off" position when I start the car if I plan on using it.

All I can guess is that I paid it off and the car saw the lien release and decided to keep those payments rolling. Its pretty great after 3 and a half years of paying for it to just take up space in the driveway.

2005.5 MkV Jetta

SpeedFreek

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 New Jetta
I removed the blower motor (very easy) and it seems to spin freely and there is continuity when I measure it with the ohmmeter. Could it be this resistor pack that people are talking about? Where is this resistor pack? How do I know that its fried, the smell of burning or open circuits?

Can I get any help?

nhdoc

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 GLS NB TDI 5 Speed
I don't think the resistor pack does anything but control fan speed. Since you lost power to both the ACC and the seat heaters I'd probably first look to make sure that the connector at the back of the ACC control didn't come loose. Also, are you certain you have checked every fuse? Even the big strip fuses mounted under the cover near the battery? I'd still be very suspicious of a fuse being out if both the ACC and the seat heater died at the same time.

El Dobro

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2017 Bolt EV Premier, 2023 Bolt EUV Premier
I removed the blower motor (very easy) and it seems to spin freely and there is continuity when I measure it with the ohmmeter. Could it be this resistor pack that people are talking about? Where is this resistor pack? How do I know that its fried, the smell of burning or open circuits?

Can I get any help?
The resistor is right next to the blower. The blower and resistor wiring harnesses parallel each other.