New Year's Day @ the Ho5G!

Hamsterdiesel

TDIClub Enthusiast , Veteran Member & HO5G CoFound
TDI
1999 Golf IV, Black and now 2015 Reflex Silver Passat SE
Once again we are hosting the very first GTG of the new year on New Year's Day, 1/1/2014!

Festivities will start @ 9am-ish and go to 10pm-ish.
HO5G rules apply remember if you feel the need to fill the towns coffers with your hard earned cash do so at your own risk. The chief of police lives 3 doors up from the HO5G and he will be glad to accept your contributions.

A few notes about our GTG format:

#1 – ALL newbie’s:
By newbie’s I mean all of you that we don’t know. Just because you’ve been here doesn’t necessarily mean we know you! You need to ‘check in’ with us and get a name tag. This is our home and we would like to know who’s here!

#2 – Food: It's not fair to expect the same people to provide the bulk of the food!
Bring items we all share. We provide propane and grill.

#3 – Work
Garage space as always is first come, first served. Big jobs need to be cleared by us first. As always – NO timing belts unless done by a pre-approved (i.e. mrchill, HermTDI, Jolly Green Giant) club member. Those arrangements MUST be made in advance with us & the person doing the work.

Bring the TOOLS and FLUIDS that you'll need for the job! We have a brake bleeder and oil extractor available. Bring containers for your fluids! (We have a relatively shallow well for water so fluid spills are unacceptable.)

ALL WORK IS TO BE COMPLETED BY 10pm

We enjoy opening our home and garages to you...all we ask for is a little courtesy and respect in return. As my sign says: BE NICE OR GO AWAY!

Now back to our regularly scheduled GTG - bring your tools, to do lists and a little something to share food/drinkwise!
Bring food, bring drink, bring tools and bring good weather!;)

The garage will be warm and the lift ready - clear all lift jobs w/ PeterV!

Hope to see you there (I mean here!):D
Hamsterdiesel

PS - Stay tuned to this post for updated info!

Last edited by a moderator:

Hamsterdiesel

TDIClub Enthusiast , Veteran Member & HO5G CoFound
TDI
1999 Golf IV, Black and now 2015 Reflex Silver Passat SE
Thanks to the snow we now have our 'beer bank'...

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
60 degree weather please, like previous years. This winter is hitting too hard too soon!

TDIDaveNH

Left Lane Coal Roller at Large
TDI
1997 Passat TDI x2 1984 Buick Century 4.3 diesel
I haven't been to a Ho5 in a loooong time. Glad I'll be able to make it this time 'round. Got a friend I'm trying to convince to bring her '79 Dasher 1.5D :D

MikeS_18

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Jetta Wagon, '13 Passat SE, '64 Ford Econoline
I live a little farther away than before, but I'll try to make the trip. ;)

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
It's only 3 days as long as you don't drive 20 miles and hour like Jack does! ;)

VeeDubTDI

TDI
We're driving up on the 31st and returning home on the 2nd... unless Sunday River calls our name and we spend a night up there... you never know!

Which vehicle we take will depend on the weather. If snow is in the forecast, we'll be taking the Mk4 Jetta with the snow tires. If it's expected to be clear, we'll drive the Passat with its useless Hankooks.

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
We could have Haru distract Tomo while I swipe the tires and put them on the Passat ;)

The Benz has snow tires too :eek:

-J

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
Don't give me this "getting old" crap, but a long drive is better with company.

Campbellonh

Veteran Member
TDI
formerly:Passat, 96, white and 10 Jetta, white gold
We'll be there! Will probably take Jeff's Jetta, since I got him a fog light kit for Christmas. This might be a good time to install it. And happily enough, I really don't have to do anything to the Passat right now.

n1das

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2014 BMW 535xd ///M-Sport, 2012 BMW X5 Xdrive35d, former 3x TDI owner
Lisa and I will not be able to make it to the Ho5G this time. We will be driving back to NH from San Diego CA in the 535d.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Lisa and I will not be able to make it to the Ho5G this time. We will be driving back to NH from San Diego CA in the 535d.
Have a great trip! I'm sure the 535d will exceed your expectations on the cross-country journey. :cool: