New Touran or New Caddy?

RED

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 TDI 4dr GOLF 6sp MAN
This is for those TDIers out there which have a need to haul a family around and like me are tired of the same crap that is available here in the US. Maybe someone from over the pond can enlighten US living here in the dark.
Which of the two is a better family hauler? I have have 5 in my immediate family and one in my extended needing to be hauled to places. I like the new caddy.
It looks taller with more room than the touran. Which is better? Have an opinion I would like to know.
I also like the Touran because it can be had with the DSG and more powerful TDI.

If only one or the other were available over here.

August_Horch

TDI
Jetta TDI Wagon, 2005, silver
The Touran is great. I had a TDI Touran as a rental car for several days in Germany. The Caddy is much lower on the car food chain, more utilitarian.

Why do you ask, you are in NC and there are no Tourans there?

Erik Lupo 3L

The Touran is much more modern than the Sharan, and has a more car-like way of driving, with much less roll in the corners.

The Caddy is a civilized utilitarian van, with a ridgid rear axle in leaf springs.

jjvincent

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2K, Green
The Sharan has rear doors that are too long. I used to use one as a company car when I was in Germany. I liked the Sharan but hated the rear doors. You had to stop, let the rear passengers out and then pull into the parking space. I have always felt that the Sharan would do terrible here if it was sold here. It needs 2 sliding doors.

Also, the texture of the dash and tops of the doors is a perfect dirt magnet. It holds dirt and fuzz really well.