new to the forum

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
It looks like you found us! If you're really interested in meeting people and learning out your car, check out TDIFest at Sunday River in Maine in September. :cool:

Oldskool-wop

TDI
Passat
LOL yes it is tdi just a miss print .
As i have mention i am new to German cars and most important i never had a diesel
I bought a Passat 2005 2.0 i want to find out if any work was done most important the timing belt but i called the dealer and they will not give me any info is there anyway i can get that info some wear

timk519

Veteran Member
TDI
Last: 2012 TDI JSW
I bought a Passat 2005 2.0 i want to find out if any work was done most important the timing belt but i called the dealer and they will not give me any info is there anyway i can get that info some wear
go to a "Service Ontario" branch and get the pre-sales package - it has a complete history of the vehicle including all past owners.

Contact the prior owner and ask about the maintenance history, and getting the dealer to release the vehicle's history to you.

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 M-B ML320 Diesel & '05 Passat TDI Manual 5-Speed
I don't know if it's a good idea to contact the previous owners and bug them about some service history. If it didn't come with the car, assume nothing was done.

j_martell

Veteran Member
TDI
Reflex Silver 2006 Jetta GLS TDI Wagon
It never hurts to ask - once. If they refuse, then drop the question and go from there.
worse they can say is "no", or "f*** off, not my problem" more realistically....but there are a few good people left in the world.

OP: Come to the GTG, good folks, good beer :))) and good conversation.

mrrhtuner

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2015 Touareg TDI
worse they can say is "no", or "f*** off, not my problem" more realistically....but there are a few good people left in the world.
OP: Come to the GTG, good folks, good beer :))) and good conversation.
Craft..ugh

lol

Oldskool-wop

TDI
Passat
Great info i will get that timing belt done very soon , well i called the dealer and they said that i need the timing belt the water bump and all the polys 1249.00 plus tax can i do the timing belt only the dealer did not want to give me the price for that only .about the meet something to think about

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta that I fill by myself
Great info i will get that timing belt done very soon , well i called the dealer and they said that i need the timing belt the water bump and all the polys 1249.00 plus tax can i do the timing belt only the dealer did not want to give me the price for that only .about the meet something to think about
Don't do just the timing belt. Do the timing belt and everything that it touches. idlers, tensioner, water pump.

otty

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Passat W8=>TDI swap, 4Motion Wagon, PD130(AVF) 6Speed Manual, 2006 Jetta MKIV PD(BEW) Wagon 5Speed Manual
And go to DCB auto or somewhere trusted NOT THE DEALER. You will save a bundle and be sure it is done right

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 M-B ML320 Diesel & '05 Passat TDI Manual 5-Speed
While I generally agree, there's a few there I can stomach lol
Stomaching and good are not the same thing. I've tried their beer once when they first openned (the large beer bottles were cool looking) and the taste was not that great. Maybe they changed over the years.