new to me tdi!

73veedubya

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta GLS 5 Speed
i just picked up a 04 Jetta GLS Tdi 5spd BEW 89k and i drove it probably 100 miles today and am allready loving it. only thing that i have found wrong is the remote doesent work till its touching the car...(i found the receiver too)....its on the roof right under the driver door.

Last edited:

hevster1

Vendor
TDI
98 NB
Are you aware this vehicle requires VW 505.01 spec oil?

You are nearing the point where you will need the timing belt, water pump and rollers replaced. Personally I would do it before 100k but that is up to you.

Otherwise good luck and welcome.

73veedubya

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta GLS 5 Speed
yeah im aware of that and the tbelt and all that is gonna be done within the next week

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta GLS TDI, 04 RTDI
Congrats on the purchase. Like the choice you made.:D

Just showing you the potential of your car.;)

73veedubya

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta GLS 5 Speed
ohhhh...i like the wheels on your car in the bottom pic. nice car. i can wait till i get some tint on the windows i got so used to tint on my passat that i feel almost naked in this car ;) lol

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
ohhhh...i like the wheels on your car in the bottom pic. nice car. i can wait till i get some tint on the windows i got so used to tint on my passat that i feel almost naked in this car ;) lol
The wheels in the bottom picture are OZ Aristos, they came factory on the mkiv R32

After having tinted windows I don't know if I could go back to not having anything. I would probably have gone with a higher percentage than what is on the car, but the back and rear window were already done at 5%. Next time I would more than likely go with 30%

73veedubya

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta GLS 5 Speed
Sorry to hear that. I hope no one was injured when the car flipped onto it's roof. :D
hahah....i see my typo good catch
3L3M3NT said:
After having tinted windows I don't know if I could go back to not having anything. I would probably have gone with a higher percentage than what is on the car, but the back and rear window were already done at 5%. Next time I would more than likely go with 30%
i like 5% on the back what do you have on the two front windows? or is it 5 all the way around?

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
hahah....i see my typo good catch

i like 5% on the back what do you have on the two front windows? or is it 5 all the way around?
Yeah it's 5% all the way around. Makes it somewhat difficult to see out at night, but I like it during the daylight hours. :)

73veedubya

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta GLS 5 Speed
hmmm...ok well then i probably will go 5 in back and 3 in front just so i can still see lol