New TDI CUP

Mosi

TDI
2010 Jetta Cup
Just got this yesterday! It has DSG, MDI, sunroof, and spoiler. $27,800 OTD

I will be removing the stickers on the side because I think it will look better w/o them. I know I know.... I will lose 5hp, but oh well :D

GDM

TDIClub Friend
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI Cup Edition, 6M, Laser Blue
Nice car! (...looks just like mine, except for the spoiler..)!

Send me a pic when you remove the stickers, I am debating it myself.. though I think I am getting used to them (3 days old now).

Mosi

TDI
2010 Jetta Cup
I also want to ditch the chrome grill and get one of the black ones that are on the 2010 Wolfsburg edition.

jettavariant03

Veteran Member
TDI
Candy White 2010 Jetta TDI Cup Street Edition
Mosi said:
I also want to ditch the chrome grill and get one of the black ones that are on the 2010 Wolfsburg edition.
Nice car. Did you order this?

I would take off the sticker too.

Mosi

TDI
2010 Jetta Cup
jettavariant03 said:
Nice car. Did you order this?

I would take off the sticker too.

Are you asking if I ordered the black grill yet or if I ordered the car? If it's the car, then no. My wife and I were having a huge debate on color for a standard TDI and it came down the dealer not having either with the options we wanted so they said they would give us a great deal on anything that was on the lot. I had already shown them my Exec Costco price that a dealership across town was offering, and they beat the price by a bit. It's exactly the color that we have wanted for a long time on a car. Since I was going to upgrade the standard TDI rims/tires anyway, the cost difference on the CUP is on par, plus it has the upgraded suspension, brakes, and paddle shifters.

I have not ordered the black grill yet.

Also, this is the car we use to tickle the speed bug :D

Stibz

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta, 2009 Jetta
Nice Z, great wheels! Lets trade garages (maybe i'll throw in my project benz)...lol.

jettavariant03

Veteran Member
TDI
Mosi said:
Are you asking if I ordered the black grill yet or if I ordered the car? If it's the car, then no. My wife and I were having a huge debate on color for a standard TDI and it came down the dealer not having either with the options we wanted so they said they would give us a great deal on anything that was on the lot. I had already shown them my Exec Costco price that a dealership across town was offering, and they beat the price by a bit. It's exactly the color that we have wanted for a long time on a car. Since I was going to upgrade the standard TDI rims/tires anyway, the cost difference on the CUP is on par, plus it has the upgraded suspension, brakes, and paddle shifters.

I have not ordered the black grill yet.

Also, this is the car we use to tickle the speed bug :D
I would ditch the chrome grill and get the black GLI grill.

Nice Z too!

turbo2467

TDI
TDI
jettavariant03 said:
I would ditch the chrome grill and get the black GLI grill.

Nice Z too!

there was a post on this forum with part number and price of the black GLI grill and I CANNOT find it now. Anyone know which section it was under?

GDM

TDIClub Friend
TDI
***Disclaimer*** note my "newbie" status... you probably want someone else to verify what you read below...

...that said, I believe our 2010 TDI sedans are 100% MarkV body parts... underneath there are apparently some new electronics that may or may not be MkVI... Whereas the 2010 Sportwagen has some MkVI body parts... and the 2010 Golf is apparently the only "true" MkVI...

Mosi

TDI
2010 Jetta Cup
turbo2467 said:
what did you do just tell that guy you wanted them ands sent him money?
Just let him know you want the Wolfsburg Jetta grill set for your TDI and he will know what to send. You may want to search through the thread I posted above and figure out what pieces you want. The main upper grill will take care of getting rid of most of the chrome. Some have blacked out the lower grill "smiley" and popped off the side grill chrome bits to save $$ instead of replacing them. The side grills also have the option for fog lights if you want that, but most are opting for the "no fog" option, which is what I'm getting.

Here is Bud's info: .. I would email him first and let him know you are interested. He may take a day to get back to you since he is busy, so be patient.

Bud Klemp
Parts Manager
Checkered Flag VW
bklemp@checkeredflag.com
1-866-490-3524 ext 4782

T_D_I_POWER

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'04 VW PASSAT GLS TDI '06 Audi A4 q Avant 6-Spd Sport Pkg
Mosi said:
Just got this yesterday! It has DSG, MDI, sunroof, and spoiler. $27,800 OTD

I will be removing the stickers on the side because I think it will look better w/o them. I know I know.... I will lose 5hp, but oh well :D
No TDI Cup front end treatment i.e spoiler/spliter combo?

Mosi

TDI
2010 Jetta Cup
Ahhhh... much better with the stickers removed! I will post another pic next week after the Wolfsburg grill set is on.

GDM

TDIClub Friend
TDI
Mosi said:
Ahhhh... much better with the stickers removed! I will post another pic next week after the Wolfsburg grill set is on.
How hard was the sticker to remove? How did you do it?

Mosi

TDI
2010 Jetta Cup
GDM said:
How hard was the sticker to remove? How did you do it?
It depends on the outside temp. It was pushing 70 when I did it and one side of the car was in the sun. The shady side required quite a bit of hair dryer treatment to heat up the decals. Just heat them up a bit at a time and get a fingernail under a corner and start peeling it back. It took about 45 mins to get all of them off, including removing a couple of spots of sticker adhesive on the shaded side.... the sun side was a breeze.

mysql

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta wagon
Silly question but.. you paid around 3k over the standard tdi. This despite that you get the same engine as the standard version of the car. Then you started to remove stuff that identified your car as being the higher priced cup edition? What am I missing? If you're swapping out bumpers, stickers, etc, wouldn't it have been cheaper to buy the standard one and slap on the body kit/rims?

Mosi

TDI
2010 Jetta Cup
mysql said:
Silly question but.. you paid around 3k over the standard tdi. This despite that you get the same engine as the standard version of the car. Then you started to remove stuff that identified your car as being the higher priced cup edition? What am I missing? If you're swapping out bumpers, stickers, etc, wouldn't it have been cheaper to buy the standard one and slap on the body kit/rims?
First of all, the CUP is only 2k more than the stock TDI before you add options. We were going to get a standard TDI and I was going to upgrade the rims and spend $1500-2k for them... also upgrade the suspension a bit. The cup has the color we wanted, the rims are decent enough for me not to upgrade, it has the GLI suspension, bigger brakes, paddle shifters, and I like the cloth interior over the leatherette since it breathes better. For how much I was going to spend on upgrades, this is more than worth it. Oh and I'm not swapping out bumpers, just the chrome grill for $285. My wife and I think the car looks good enough w/o the body kit. That's going to be it besides maybe some tinted windows.

As far as removing stuff that identifies the car as being the higher priced edition.... this is NOT what it's all about for me. I could care less if other people think it's just another Jetta. We are going to dial in the car the way we like it. :D

jettavariant03

Veteran Member
TDI
Mosi,

Removing the side sticker looks good. That is what I would do, besides the car comes with interior sill plates that state it is a TDI CUP Edition. Maybe post a PIC of that for the forum. Please post PICs when you install the front Wolfsburg grill, that should make the car look even better.

Mosi

TDI
2010 Jetta Cup
Okeedokee....the Wolfsburg set is on and it looks waaaaay better! I'm going to take the spare VW emblem and paint it the same color as the rims, so that will be coming in a week or two.

jettavariant03

Veteran Member
TDI
Mosi,

One sweet looking TDI Cup car! What color are the rims?
Anthracite ? Any plans of lowering the car ?

brucebanes

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta 99.B
Look at the seperate wheel insurance. Costs about $500 covers rims and tires. A replacent tire costs about $200 and a replacement rim about $500

jettavariant03

Veteran Member
TDI
brucebanes said:
Look at the seperate wheel insurance. Costs about $500 covers rims and tires. A replacent tire costs about $200 and a replacement rim about $500
Is that thru the insurance company or is that part the extended warranty you can get from the dealer?