• The TDIClub classifieds section is a heavily trafficked section of the forum that encompasses want-to-buy (WTB) and for-sale (FS) threads for the entire world. Due to the demanding nature and fast pace of this section, it is imperative that you know and understand the rules. It is also important to remember that this is the only parts classifieds section.

Cross-posting and posting classifieds in the regional sections (except the dedicated thread in Ontario) is not permitted.

Multiple items should be sold in one thread. Make sure to provide a description for all items in your post along with pictures and prices. If you start multiple threads with individual items, they will be locked or combined at the discretion of the moderators.

Here is a quick outline of the classifieds section rules. If you don't follow these rules, you subject yourself to thread deletion, thread combination, infractions, or posting privilege revocation.

Thread titles:
    • Put FS or WTB in your thread title. This will let other users know if you are selling or buying.
    • Briefly describe what you are selling. Thread titles have limited space. Be as descriptive, yet succinct, as possible.
    • Put your location in the title.
    • If space allows, put your price in the title

Title example (single item): "FS: 2004 Mk4/BEW cylinder head - Portland, OR - $500"
    Title example (multiple items): "FS: MK6 fog lights, front bumper, headlights, grill - Detroit, MI"
    Title example (car part-out): "FS: Mk3 Jetta parting out engine & interior - Dallas, TX"

Thread text descriptions and pictures:
    • All for-sale threads must include pictures of the items that you are selling. One picture is sufficient, but multiple pictures with different angles will help buyers. A picture is worth a thousand words. If you don't know how to post pictures on TDIClub, see this thread: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=286691
    • All for-sale threads must include a description. We don't charge per-word, so be as descriptive as possible. The more information you can provide, the easier it will be for buyers.
    • All for-sale threads must include a price. Auctions and bidding are not allowed. If you want to auction something off, use eBay.
    No picture, no price, NO SALE!

Thread maintenance/updates/bumps:
    • When you sell something, update your thread with "SOLD!" Moderators will close the thread and update the title.
    • If you have multiple items for sale, update your thread as each item has been sold. When everything has been sold, updated the thread with "ALL ITEMS SOLD!" Moderators will close the thread and update the title when all items have been sold.
    • If you bump your thread, please delete old bumps by clicking on EDIT and then deleting the old bump. This will reduce clutter in your thread and make it easier to read. It also makes you look less desperate.
    • If you drop your price, please update your first post in addition to posting the new price. If you would like the thread title changed, click on the report post icon and let a moderator know what you would like the title changed to.

Moderator intervention and infraction points:
    Moderators will be monitoring the classifieds section. If a moderator determines that you have not been following the rules listed above, corrections will be made and infraction points will be assessed to your account.

What is an infraction point? Simple - it's a system of keeping track of user behavior. A moderator can assign a point value based on the severity of the infraction, as well as an expiration date on the points assessed. If you accumulate a certain number of points, the system will auto-ban you for a predefined amount of time. The more points you accumulate, the longer your ban period will be.

One example of points is as follows: multiple threads will be combined into a single thread, with the number of infraction points assessed corresponding to the number of threads merged. If we merge four threads into one, then you will be assessed four points that expire in 30 days. When you reach five points, the system will auto-ban you for one day.*

*This is an example based on the current infraction system structure. We reserve the right to modify the infraction system at any time without notice or updates to this announcement.

Thank you for your cooperation, and good luck with your sales and searches! :)

-TDIClub Administration

New!! TDI Club License Frames Shipping TODAY!!!!

Mark Rudella

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf - Reflex Silver
Re: New!! TDI Club License Frames Shipping TODAY!

Is there any possible way that you can start getting these with the corners already cut out of the bottom for the state tags? I'd like to purchase one, but I don't want to take a knife to it right when I get it.

c5loadmaster

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat GLS, 2005, Reflex Silver

Chas,
A newbie here, only belonged since last week, WOW I like the goodies and chat here. Gee if I knew you were here, I would have stopped by when I was at the "Y". Has anybody touched up the the "T" in green & the "I" in red? Since this thread is still active, I understand the frames are still available.

Robert

Guttboy

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta MkV 2005.5 Platinum Gray/Gray Leather Pk2

Got mine in the mail today!!!!! Thanks a bunch Chas! They look really nice!

Mike

Guttboy

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta MkV 2005.5 Platinum Gray/Gray Leather Pk2

I have installed the plate holders on my new Jetta and they look really sharp!
Thanks again for the quick shipping Chas!

Mike

macmca

TDI
2001 VW Bug Blue/Purple

Mine came in the mail yesterday. Put it on the back plate and it looks great! I moved my stickers as I didn't want to try and cut the plate and I think it will be fine. Thanks for the fast reply and shipping Chas.

leapin3

TDI
1996 Passat TDI Wagon Green

Stiil have not received my frame yet nor have I received a e-mail telling me it was shipped!
Transaction Details

Payment Sent (ID #0PB44205G81018128)

Name:
Beth Natt
Email:
jeff_borofsky_00@yahoo.com

Total Amount:
-$10.50 USD

Date:
Jun. 19, 2005
Time:
10:03:03 PDT
Completed

Subject:
2nd Offering, TDIClub License Plate Frames
Note:
Please send to:
Charles Long
434 NW 46th
Okc., Ok 73118
Shipping Address:

Charles Long
434 NW 46
Oklahoma City, OK 73118
United States
Confirmed

Funding Type:
PayPal Funds
Funding Source:
$10.50 USD - PayPal Account

jqian

Veteran Member
Ok, regardless not receiving any response from the email, I decided to take the chance. I just sent US$10 for one shipped to Canada. Looking forward to getting it!

TDI_Cubed

Veteran Member
TDI
14 BMW 328dX
I thought of that, but then did not want to get confused in the CAN to US coversions

jqian

Veteran Member
I just noticed you have 3 tdi in your home from your signature (what a tdi family!
). You can put an order for 4 and shared 1 with me if you can mail it to canada. I just put an order for 1 the other day. but actually I don't mind getting 2 so that I could show off my front license as well

TDI_Cubed

Veteran Member
TDI
14 BMW 328dX
Great Suggestion, I can always place the 4th frame on my mail box, or wait for one of my other kids to get their TDI.
Ordered 4 via Paypal.

jqian

Veteran Member
If I understand him correctly, it should be U$15 for two frame plus U$1 extra shipping to Canada. That should be U$16.
That's why I sent U$10 for one shipped to Canada

jqian

Veteran Member

Wait and pray.
As I said in the previous post, I never got any email response from this guy. But I still sent the money out. Belief is a virtue

Even if I did not get anything from him forever, which is very unlikely to happen, I would just treat that US$10 as a donation to him and his family. Not a big deal.

TDIinRI

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 GOLF silver

Delvi, selling plate frames is nothing more than a sideline that this guy does as a favour to club members. He has a busy full time job and a family. You paypalled less than 2 weeks ago! Standard first class mail can at times take more than a week! Cut the guy some slack. I'm sure they will come.

Got diesel

Veteran Member
TDI
None at this time.

Well let me take money from you and not reply to E-mails and what would you think?A reply to E-mail would be nice to say your order will be sent!

c5loadmaster

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat GLS, 2005, Reflex Silver

Does anybody think that he may be on a vacation. This past weekend was Independence Day and alot of people take off. I sent my money pay pal in June and haven't received anything yet either, but I'm going to give him a month before I send a note to FRED complaining about it. Maybe he has kids and they just got out of school and needed to spend time with them.
robert

Bootre

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf TDI, 2003, Indego Blue

An email would be nice just to acknowledge he did recieve our money. I don't want to request a refund with PayPal for items not recieved if he is on vacation.

Somebody must know something?

ropniak

TDI
New Jetta 2005 Silver

Would like to place an order, but... i guess better wait'n see
where all this is going

jqian

Veteran Member

take it easy, man. What will get after complaining to paypal? refund? only $20 something.
I suggest wait for a while and see.

Chasone

Veteran Member
TDI
2001, Golf, Red

Sorry Guys! I am to busy to read this thread anymore. Went on vacation last week of June and never even thought about posting. (I will do it in the future).

All Frame orders have been put in envelopes and addressed tonight. They will go to the post office in the morning. I seem to be having some email problems so if you sent an email please be patient I can't seem to get email since returning. (will get this fixed in am).

It took over three hours to get all the orders ready tonight! As I have stated before my wife ships these out every other day so you should get them soon if you order. See previous posts on the fast shipping. I do not send emails of shipping or answer PM because I have no time. But my wife sends the frames as soon as the PayPal comes in.

Sorry for not posting before leaving.

Thanks
Charles

jqian

Veteran Member

you see guys, what I told you? Belief is a virtue.

by the way, Chasone, is US$10 for one frame shipped to Canada ok? I sent the money out around Jul.2. I hope I can show it off next week.