New shoes! ContiPureEco

Softrockrenegade

Veteran Member
TDI
None...2011 Golf DSG (replaced by VW W/) 2013 Passat SE 6M(bought back) Current 2017 sportwagen TSI 4Motion.
So I noticed a slight bubble on my sidewall from all the potholes yesterday and have some new tires coming in. Went with the conti pure contact with Eco plus tech. Went through my dealer which gave me the tire rack price of $134 (no shipping cost) and a promotional free 4 wheel alignment. I think I did pretty good and from all the research I did these seem like pretty sweet tires. Anyone who has experience with these please chime in! I can't wait to try something other than the hankraps :D

Update:
I got the conti's on today and so far so good. Very quiet and I took them around a few twisty back roads and they perform way better than the hankooks. I noticed one rim got chipped during the alignment and they threw a new one on right there and then.. I'll give another update after a few hundred miles!!! Total cost $717 !!!! Made in USA !!! Score !!!

Last edited:

livewires250

TDI
2010mkv jetta sedan
I also changed recently to the conti pure contact Eco, and so far, these tires are very quiet, do well in the snow, and most important, have an ever age of 42 mpg- hit 45 mpg at around 50deg F- can't wait to see how high with summer temps.

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta 2013 Passat SE 6Man
So I noticed a slight bubble on my sidewall from all the potholes yesterday and have some new tires coming in. Went with the conti pure contact with Eco plus tech. Went through my dealer which gave me the tire rack price of $134 (no shipping cost) and a promotional free 4 wheel alignment. I think I did pretty good and from all the research I did these seem like pretty sweet tires. Anyone who has experience with these please chime in! I can't wait to try something other than the hankraps :D
What is your opinion of them so far?

Softrockrenegade

Veteran Member
TDI
None...2011 Golf DSG (replaced by VW W/) 2013 Passat SE 6M(bought back) Current 2017 sportwagen TSI 4Motion.
I am getting them installed next week... I will def post my opinion once I have a few days on them. Really just wondering others opinions if they have them!

SirSipsAbit

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta TDi
Great tire

I am getting them installed next week... I will def post my opinion once I have a few days on them. Really just wondering others opinions if they have them!
I switched to this tire last summer. I really like them! Holds the corners better than expected, which is a plus for me!

Softrockrenegade

Veteran Member
TDI
Thanks , Sips !!! This is the kind of feedback I'm after.

TNriverjet

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI 6MT
Softrockrenegade, I've got a set sitting in the garage... Fresh delivery from TireRack.com. I can't wait to get them on.

Softrockrenegade

Veteran Member
TDI
Update:
I got the conti's on today and so far so good. Very quiet and I took them around a few twisty back roads and they perform way better than the hankooks. I noticed one rim got chipped during the alignment and they threw a new one on right there and then.. I'll give another update after a few hundred miles!!! Total cost $717 !!!! Made in USA !!! Score !!!

Last edited:

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Sportwagen (boughtback); 2014 Passat TDI SEL (boughtback)
Update:
The grip should get even better after all the "mold release" chemicals have worn off. Personally, I'd never push new tires until a few hundred miles have accrued, as I prefer to gently break them in, but that's just me:D

Last edited:

Softrockrenegade

Veteran Member
TDI
So I figured I would give a little update on the purecontacts after roughly 10k miles. I really like these tires so far! Handling is greatly improved over the hankooks. Road noise is a little better but it seems I didn't have a loud set of hankooks(made in Korea, not china). They track very straight but if I'm digging into a turn I do notice a slight bit of over steer. All in all I am very happy with these tires and I don't see any noticeable wear. I would recomend these to anyone looking for a replacement.

RonJitsu

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Mercedes Benz E320 CDI, 1/2 of a 1985 Jetta 1.6 Diesel
Thanks for the info. I'll be switching to these Conti Eco's before winter. I've got 62k and counting in the stock Hankooks now...

livewires250

TDI
2010mkv jetta sedan
I have had the the conti eco plus tech tires for roughly 10k miles, and are very excellent in handling, snow,quiet,fuel economy- already hit 48 mpg-average low-mid 40's.

FormerOwner

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE 6spd; Former Owner 02 MkIV wagon
I had these tires on my 2002 JettaWagon TDI. They were great, all the way until 55K miles when I traded the car off. They were made in Germany, as was the car (Wolfsburg). I miss that car. My only regret (other than getting rid of it) was that I didn't get the 5-speed.

CRABMAN141

TDI
MKIII, Currently looking at a B7 Passat
Thanks for the update. Just out of curiosity how many miles on the originals?

VtdiW

TDI
2012 Passat TDI SEL
I switched out the Hanooks with the Conti's around 25000 miles ago. Love em.

cevans

TDIClub Enthusiast, TDI Parts Ninja Vendor , w/Bus
TDI
2015 Beetle Conv. TDI 6-Speed & 2006 E320 CDI
I've got Conti Ecos on my 2010 Jetta Sedan, great tire.

Jbdesigns

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE 6MT, 2012 Jetta TDI 6mt (sold)
I put these tires on as well. 17" size. About 13k miles so far. They were quieter in beginning. Now a bit more noise but not a problem. Handling has been good and tracking good. Neutral on hard corners to maybe a touch of oversteer. No squealing. I pretty much drive the speed limits but hit corners hard trying to maintain speed. People will tailgate mad cause I'm not doing 10 or more above. But I'll hit the turns and leave them far behind, in which they'll eventually come racing back up to tailgate some more.
I think the tires are wearing ok. I'm going to rotate again soon and go criss cross.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta 2013 Passat SE 6Man
I put these tires on as well. 17" size. About 13k miles so far. They were quieter in beginning. Now a bit more noise but not a problem. Handling has been good and tracking good. Neutral on hard corners to maybe a touch of oversteer. No squealing. I pretty much drive the speed limits but hit corners hard trying to maintain speed. People will tailgate mad cause I'm not doing 10 or more above. But I'll hit the turns and leave them far behind, in which they'll eventually come racing back up to tailgate some more.
I think the tires are wearing ok. I'm going to rotate again soon and go criss cross.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gotta love the torque when exiting corners. :)

I'm curious if anyone else is criss crossing their tires. I always have in the past but the dealership has been doing front to rear, same side only.

lojeff10

TDI
2012 Passat - 6sp MT
Has anyone had any experience with cooper tires on the passat. I have had good luck with them on other vehicles. There may have been a mileage reduction associated with coopers though.