New OEM upgrade CD deck w/ Bluetooth for MK4

NB_TDi

Vendor
TDI
2014 Jetta SE
Sorry, I have no idea whether or not THIS particular head unit will be an issue with AM. All I'm saying is that with the EURO units, AM is the issue, not FM. On the euro navi I run, the AM frequencies change by 3's. So I can't get AM 730 (the traffic station) for example, I get 729 or something. It works well enough, and you will never be away by more than 1, but it isn't as good reception as if it landed on the frequency exactly!

It's called Long Wave In Europe and Africa(I think), the spacing is 9kHz. Where as here in North America we use Medium Wave the spacing is 10kHz. Short Wave radio's spacing is 5kHz that's used across the world.

:)

blizzard60

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
It's called Long Wave In Europe and Africa(I think), the spacing is 9kHz. Where as here in North America we use Medium Wave the spacing is 10kHz. Short Wave radio's spacing is 5kHz that's used across the world.

:)
There you go! It pays when someone who actually knows what they are talking about answers!! ;)

Joe Fisher

Veteran Member
TDI
NA
yes, I needed an adaptor harness, but now they work great! Love the single din and the kenwood with the inputs coming out the back. Theyr'e routed up above headunit so the cords just hang out in the pocket. I keep my ipod plugged in the pocket. Very cool and clean.

Joe

I'll have to check out that kenwood, but I would rather have the Double din for the passat... the steering wheel controls work no problem? no adapter harness?

gioTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI SEL
Well i got a hold of my friend in Brazil, the price for the unit with BT, USB, SD is about 500$ that is Double Din, any interest in that?

TDIJetta99

Top Post Dawg
TDI
03... Faster than yours =]
ouch.. Right in the wallet LOL. If it weren't so much I'd be interested in one... a REALLY nice aftermarket unit can be had for $<500 that has more features and does it all better than the OEM ones anyway..

Farfromovin

Torque Addict
TDI
03 Golf 2dr- PD150 6m
Well i got a hold of my friend in Brazil, the price for the unit with BT, USB, SD is about 500$ that is Double Din, any interest in that?
9 months later you found it for half the price I was able to... Hmm.... For $500 that's not bad. Nothing fits and looks better than OE!

VW_Jedi

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta GLS, Silver with Black Leather
On the Brazilian unit would my steering wheel controls work? Has anyone installed/used this unit yet?

~Nagy

Brokk

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 GLS TDI JETTA
http://www.vw.com.mx/es/models/clas..._medialist_0_mediaItems_medialist_mediaitem_4

They still make MKIV style Jettas in Mexico too. Jetta "Clasico". They have a couple cool small trucks south of the border as well. Their North American radio's would work even better in our cars no?

I will be in Mexico soon, speak the language and may check into my options for a new factory system with bluetooh, aux, usb, etc. If I get one are there any major installation issues to be worried about?

Thanks,

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 Jetta GLS Wagon "Cranberry"
Any difference between that home markets (Brazil, Argentina?) broadcast format and ours? For example I think euro broadcast frequencies are differ from ours by .10Mghz or something so the tuning scale of their radios is set accordingly.
Shouldn't be as all of the Americas plus Greenland and some eastern Pacific Islands are in International Telecommunications Region 2. Europe, on the other hand, is in ITU Region 1. That is why with the old analog tuners radios made for one region would not work well in another. However, with digital tuning you can create a "universal" receiver.

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ouch.. Right in the wallet LOL. If it weren't so much I'd be interested in one... a REALLY nice aftermarket unit can be had for $<500 that has more features and does it all better than the OEM ones anyway..
Double DIN? All I seem to find are Single DIN.

esilviu

TDI
VW BORA
Hello , what's the difference between 6QE 035 152 D and 6QE 035 152 G
somebody know if they have RDS function
when we can find it on ebay at a resonable price max 300usd new unit

esilviu

TDI
VW BORA
No news concerning the 2DIN from VW Brasil -6QE 035 152 G-, where can be bought at a good price if possible???
I found an alternative to it: RMT 200 - 6Q0 051 228 B
"Volkswagen Accessories MP3 radio RMT 200
The MP3 radio with title display, USB port, SD card reader, iPod/iPhone control
and charging, AUX-IN with A2DP audio streaming and Bluetooth hands-free
system is the smart all-round solution for the greatest listening pleasure. The
stylish piano lacquer appearance creates the perfect look.
Art. no. 6Q0 051 228 B" price 289 EUR

-but I don't have any info about the possiblity to be controlled by mfsw, if it has a canbus connection, and if possible to display id3tag on the FIS cluster???

If anybody has any of the above info it will be very wellcome.

Last edited:

TDIJetta99

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I think the price pushes people away.. It's a LOT of cash for not a lot of stereo.. Sure it has some cool stuff, but nothing a $200 aftermarket unit doesn't have..

blujett2.0

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Chev Silverado 6.6L Duramax
Thanks for the info. The reason I brought it up is I found a company in NC that is selling them for $249. I didn't post a link because I don't think he's a vendor here. I thought it might not be too bad at that price though. Was looking for feedback if anyone has purchased it.

JarHead

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 TDI Golf Gone But not forgotten. 2000 Jetta TDi Kerma Tuned
Thanks for the info. The reason I brought it up is I found a company in NC that is selling them for $249. I didn't post a link because I don't think he's a vendor here. I thought it might not be too bad at that price though. Was looking for feedback if anyone has purchased it.
I'd like the info as well!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

TDIJetta99

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I found some specs for the radio in a foreign language LOL.. But from what I can tell, the CD player only plays audio cd's (no mp3 discs), and it's only 20 watts per channel peak, 9-12 watts RMS per channel.. I'll stick with my Kenwood LOL... Has bluetooth, usb input with iPod control for you guys married to apple, and 50watts per channel..

s1iver

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 GTI GLX VR6
There's a company on the vortex selling the above single-din radio.

I'm still hoping to find the double-din with BT, it works with the steering wheel controls, has provisions for FIS, and even displays the different souces on the FIS display.

There's a youtube video of it functioning.

jptbay

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Beetle, 2006 Jetta Wagon
There's a company on the vortex selling the above single-din radio.

I'm still hoping to find the double-din with BT, it works with the steering wheel controls, has provisions for FIS, and even displays the different souces on the FIS display.

There's a youtube video of it functioning.
Link please.