New Member saying hello...and has a few exterior questions

010GolfTDi

TDI
2010 2Dr Golf TDi Manual
Hi there TDi Guys/Gals-

Writing this at 2am PST on Saturday. Just bought my first VW, 2010 Golf TDI 2dr Manual in Black. Has an easy 67k on the clock and I am very excited to get back into a stick shift. Tonight I was T-boned by a guy running a red light at 45mph hitting the passenger side causing me to spin through the intersection like a top then hitting the lightpost. The Lexus ct200h is now totalled and just after 3 days of me purchasing this 2010 TDi Golf. Although difficult to type and mouse around from tonight's brutal impact, I will now do my best to get to the point.
Love this TDi! Already want to do a few small exterior modifications.
What the members favorite aftermarket tail lights on the golf?
And is it possible to upgrade my headlights to the more fancy R type with the daytime running cfls?
I have a feeling I may mess with the suspension as well.
I've always been a bilstein/eibach guy in the past, but comfort is huge in this thing so I wouldn't want to get too agressive/stiff.
Suggestions on suspension replacement as well?
The stock suspension is unusually sporty and a little stiff.
Maybe I just lucked out with this hot little sports coupe, but I think all this was part of the plan. Excited to move forward and start making this TDi my own. Maybe even put a cage in it? For good 'daily driving' measure!
RIP CT!

Thank God I had no passengers at the time...

JB05

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf,2005,anthracite blue
Sorry to hear about your accident, but you better wait to hear from the insurance adjuster first.

hankster88

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 MK7 Golf TDI S 6M-Sold
Looks like he was driving the Lexus and was looking for upgrade advice on the TDI since it will probably be his DD now that the ct200h is totaled