New Beetle TDI's

Nordic

New Beetle TDI\'s

Went and had the first oil change.....dealer went to full synthetic Castrol....said VW was now requiring dealerships to do that. The Beetle's name is Black Beauty....tinted windows, Panasonic 6 cd changer, Aluminum American Racing wheels, Cord Design ground effects kit and rear wing spoiler....fun car....see my pic's

[This message has been edited by VW Derf (edited August 06, 1999).]

[This message has been edited by Nordic (edited August 06, 1999).]

S

SkyPup

Re: New Beetle TDI\'s

Allright, another black beauty out there, a most excellent ride I bet. What kind of mileage have you been getting? Our NB got the Castrol SYN treatment at 5,000 and 10,000 miles (no detectable oil consumption whatsoever) and my wife regularly gets 52-55 mpg at her turtles pace, even getting two 62 mpg tankfuls!!

Congrds on a nice machine!

M

mickey

Black ones RULE! They definitely move away from the "cute" image and more toward the "gnarley" side. Plus, you can't see all the soot on the back of the car. (Yellow wasn't the best choice, I must admit.)

If I had a black one, I'd go with "TATO-BUG" license plates. (That's "pill bug" or "sow bug" to you folks back east.)

-mickey

murraywest

Veteran Member

I was driving down I-5 one day, and a black ball was moving up fast behind me. I pulled over fast and a black NB passed me with the plate DSL BUG. My fist choice was a black bug, and I would have gotten a personal plate that said [8 BALL].

Picture of the Oregon Coast?

BUG*PWR

RIP, Gone But Not Forgotten

Nordic, Looks so Kewl, Love those wheels and ground effects. Now you need to paint those wheel calipers a contrasting color. I have a black NB TDI also with yellow calipers and it really made a big difference. I wish I could figure out how to post a pic of mine for you to see.

------------------
ó¯ò NB-TDI

DEZLBOY

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf GLS, Candy White

Nordic,

Very nice! Especially the picture near the water. Your vehicle really does look like a black beetle!

ray

TDI
VW 99 tdi Camper LWB

What I find interesting is the design...The same shape as the Porsche type 32 designed for NSU motorcycle firm in 1933.... which says to me... car designing is not a good careeer choice.