New 2015 warranty?

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
From another thread I was able to do a vin search on my 2015 Beetle (new left over). IIRC the normal warranty is 3 years 36k miles. The search showed the warranty running out in 2018. I confess I haven't read through my documents, but have 2 years of the original warranty been used up just sitting all this time? I have GEICO MBI (Mechanical Breakdown Insurance) for 7 years/100k miles, so it isn't that big of a worry to me if the clock has been ticking.

davidch

TDI
None
From another thread I was able to do a vin search on my 2015 Beetle (new left over). IIRC the normal warranty is 3 years 36k miles. The search showed the warranty running out in 2018. I confess I haven't read through my documents, but have 2 years of the original warranty been used up just sitting all this time? I have GEICO MBI (Mechanical Breakdown Insurance) for 7 years/100k miles, so it isn't that big of a worry to me if the clock has been ticking.
Warranty should not start until the vehicle is put into service. That usually occurs when the car is purchased and title is created. I would recommend calling VWoA customer service directly to confirm.