Need Source for 06 Mk5 brm fuel lines

PappyD

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI 5 spd
Local shop just said $250 for a set of fuel lines coming off the fuel filter. Only one line is leaking (actually, weeping, you can't see any drips).

Only sold by VW, as a matched set, and they are preformed.

$250 seems excessive......:mad:

Any ideas?

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
just get the same size fuel line from a NAPA or similar store.

PDJetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'04 Jetta GLS TDI Pumpe Duce Platinum Grey w/ Leather
If you can't cobble something together, this is by far the cheapest dealer for the fuel line:

1stvwparts.com

--Nate

PappyD

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI 5 spd
Thanks all

Spoke with folks at "greasworks.com" about bulk high pressure reinforced diesel/biodiesel/fuel lines. He said nothing special about the VW OE lines otherbthan they are preformed. I could cut my own and route them accordingly.

Now I need to figure out the ID/OD specs for the existing lines.

Henrick

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf VI TDI, 77 kW (CAYC)
Maybe visit your local salvage yard?

Since the lines are preformed you might end up in a messy-looking setup after you cut your own lines. But that's not end of world, right?

jerseyTDIhopeful

TDI
2006.5 Jetta TDI Diesel Edition
it is 5/16" line. I just got 5 feet of it at pep boys for less than 8 dollars. Just cut your own.

PappyD

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI 5 spd
it is 5/16" line. I just got 5 feet of it at pep boys for less than 8 dollars. Just cut your own.
Thanks folks...I should have the Jetta back in a day or so. Having a freewheel/clutch installed. (South Bend Stage 2 SMF). Needed rear bushings in order to complete the alignment job needed after the clutch job. That was some extra dough I didn't plan for. So, when I learned the slightly wet hose (can I say moist? :rolleyes:) replacement was going to be $256 I choked on my office coffee.

I guess in defense of the shop I frequent, they did mention "well you could get by with some other type of fuel line. It's just that we won't install it for you". Even without the shop markup those hoses must run over $175 or so. :eek: