need part # for Black interior piece

therabbittree

Veteran Member
TDI
B4 passat, 2000 Golf, 2003 Allroad tdi
Ok I swapped the Tan interoir out of my '96 Passat TDI Wagon. I swapped in a black interior from a '96 passat GLX Wagon. The Rear of the headliner is held up with a thin plastic piece. it is mounted by 6 clips and mounts on the roof between the headliner and the hatch seal. The Tan piece has a part # of 333 867 617. The Black peice I broke last year removing it and tossed it out in the recycling. ARGH!! ha any how my local VW dealer says there is no such part in black. They say just grey or tan.. Vag Cat Says the same thing. I know they made in black, as I took it out. Does any one have a black interior wagon that can unclip this part and post the part # I haven't been able to find on in junk yard, and don't have any one I know with a black wagon to check with.
Thanks
Deo

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
Try searching an earlier year, maybe a B3, for color choices. Hit the jackpot if the tan number matches 93 to 96 and the 93 listing also has black as a color choice.

therabbittree

Veteran Member
TDI
found a another black wagon and ha it did have a grey colored piece it matched the headliner.. oh well thats strange ..any way just painted the tan one I had black and its good notw..oh well
Thanks
Deo

RIP TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'15 GSW SE 6MT...... '01 Golf GLS 5MT.... '96 Passat Variant....
Is it strange that parts books only list grey and tan and the "black" one you found is grey or is your memory of your original one faulty? I haven't seen a black wagon interior, but I can confirm that a black sedan interior has the equivalent of that piece in grey to match the headliner. I'm voting for a faulty memory.

therabbittree

Veteran Member
TDI
I had very faulty memory, if you want to put in those terms. Sorry I didn't say faulty memory. Thats what happens when you take two cars apart and put them back together 1 1/2 yrs years later. and try to finish a project in 2 weeks. I admit I did not remember correctly.
But Poop happens sorry.
Thank You,
Deo